At one point some time last year, I was crazy about anything Rose Gold. In fact, I am still obsessed with anything Rose Gold. Anyhow, I was browsing around and saw this MAC Rose Gold pigment on their website. I bought it, and played with it. To be honest, when it first came, I was quite disappointed how it does not look anything rose-colored. I should’ve paid more attention to the description. On the MAC website it was described as “smooth, tarnished gold with a touch of rose”. Not sure where the “touch of rose” comes from, I think this pigment is a lot more “tarnished gold”.
Anyways, I actually love this pigment. It has amazing pigment pay-off, and it’s super smooth! I have used this pigment before on my New Year makeup post. I think the hardest part of using this pigment is actually finding a combination of color that will match it. I’m not that crazy on the result for this tutorial, I feel like the pigment should’ve been paired with a warmer shade. May be I’ll re-do this look in the future.
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Using a small fluffy blending brush, I applied Ultra Mattes V2 from Sleek Makeup iDivine Showstopper on my outer V. If you have a monolid, or droppy/hooded eyelids, apply this eyeshadow with your eyes open.
3. I blended out the crease using a clean fluffy blending brush. I added a little bit of the same black eyeshadow to create more depth.
4. I wanted to add a bit more warmth, so I ran a little bit of bronzer, from the Smashbox contour palette, just above the crease.
5. I applied MAC Rose Gold pigment on my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. Using the same brush as no. 2, I applied Ultra Mattes v2 on my lower lid. I applied a little bit of the pigment just on the inner corner of the lower lid.
7. I created a winged liner using Kanebo Super Sharp eyeliner. I also applied a little bit on my waterline.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash. Then, I feathered in Brunette a bit more.
9. I curled my lashes, and applied Gwiyomi Boutique false eyelashes in Annabelle.
10. On my face, I applied MAC Pro Longwear foundation using MAC Masterclass Oval 6 brush.
11. I applied the concealer from MAC Pro conceal/correct palette under my eyes.
12. I set my face using Cover FX translucent powder.
13. I lightly contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox contour palette.
14. I applied MAC Cubic blush on my cheeks.
15. For my lips, I lined and filled it in using MAC Spice lip liner.