If you guys follow me on Instagram (you should, btw!), you would know that I’ve posted a little sneak peek on today’s tutorial there. Today, I wanted to do my first Kat Von D Esperanza tutorial, using the mint eyeshadow as the main focus. If you are wondering why the pictures on the step-by-step is a bit off in terms of the color, it’s because the Sun was playing hide and seek with me today. Luckily, the sky cleared up, and I managed to get good shots for the final looks!
I’ll try to post a review for this palette some time this week. I prepped my eyelids using UD Primer Potion, which I think didn’t work too well for this look. May be for future tutorial, I might use a white-colored base (i.e. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk) OR a mint-colored base for the lid. I feel that the mint eyeshadow that I used doesn’t have much color on it, and look slightly chalky.
All eyeshadows mention are from Kat Von D Esperanza palette. If you want to find out the product I used and skip the how-to, scroll all the way down.
1. After prepping my lid using UD Primer Potion, I applied Archangel using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using Sigma E25 Blending Brush, I applied Placebo slightly above the crease.
3. Using the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush (like the Sigma E54 Medium Shader brush), I applied Santeria on the crease and outer V.
4. Using the same Sigma E25 blending brush that I used on step 2, I blended out Santeria.
5. Using a fluffy blending brush (like the Sigma E38 Diffused Crease brush), I applied South under the brow. I also buffed South slightly on to my crease.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied Archangel on the inner corner of the lower lid, and Selena on the outer corner.
7. (not in picture), I applied Danglo on top of Archangel using a flat eyeshadow brush.
8. I created a winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner, and lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara.
10. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde, and then I set it using Faint eyeshadow from the Naked Basic palette.
11. On my face, I applied UD Naked Skin foundation using a damped makeup sponge.
12. I set my face using NARS Setting Powder.
13. I lightly contoured my face and nose using MAC Blunt.
14. On my cheeks, I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon.
15. Lastly, on my lips, I applied L’oreal Color Riche lipliner in Beyond Pink, top it off with Revlon Socialite suede lipstick and a little tiny bit of clear lip balm from L’occitane.
I took the pictures above in a room with big windows and natural day light. For the pictures below, I actually stepped out of the house and took the pictures outdoor with the Sun somewhat behind me. As you can see, in both pictures, my makeup is not heavy at all, esp. for the face. The focus is still on the eyes, while the skin is left pretty natural looking.
If you are curious about my hair, please check my post on Highlights for Brunette.
Eyes – Kat Von D Esperanza palette; Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde; Faint eyeshadow (Naked Basic palette).
Face –UD Naked Skin foundation; NARS Setting Powder; MAC Blunt; Chanel Blush de Horizon.
Lips – L’oreal Color Riche lipliner in Beyond Pink; Revlon Socialite suede lipstick; clear lip balm from L’occitane.
Recommended Sigma brushes – Sigma E25 Blending Brush; E54 Medium Shader brush; Sigma E38 Diffused Crease brush.
Disclaimer: clicking on the Sigma link will take you to my Sigma affiliate page. Any purchase you make on Sigma from my website will help in this blog’s maintenance. Rest assured, I only recommend products that I honestly love and use on myself. Thank you for your support!