Priyanka Chopra Golden Globes makeup is absolutely stunning. She looks drop-dead gorgeous in her golden dress, her makeup and hair were on pointe, I just loved how she looked at the award show. I love it so much I knew I had to do a Priyanka Chopra Golden Globes Makeup Inspired Look. I talked more below regarding what her makeup artist used, and of course there’s a step-by-step pictorial accompanied this look below. So, read more below for more!
Today I’m using this gorgeous Marc Jacobs Style Eye Con no. 20 palette! Have you guys follow me on Instagram yet? You should! If you follow me on Instagram, you’d be able to get the first look at swatches and product review! Anyways, watch the tutorial below to get the look, and read more for the swatches and pictorial.
I wanted to create a bright colored makeup, so I decided to pick up my Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette and create this wonderful orange and yellow combo on my eyes. I love this combination of orange and yellow, it makes me feel so summery and bright and sunny!
As promised, here’s a how to reverse contour tutorial. I’ve come to a realization that there has been a few beauty vloggers and bloggers who attempted the Reverse Contour technique using very dark and very light foundations. Let me stop you right there! Using shades that are way too dark and too light for your skin do not work! The Eve Pearl Reverse Contouring technique does NOT use foundations/concealers that are TOO light and too dark. Instead, this technique actually uses 2 foundation colors that are very similar in shade to each other.
I received a request by Dila who wanted me to do a video to show her how to create a smoky winged liner. She saw me back in 2014 when I was in Jakarta, and when we met I was wearing the day version of this smoky winged liner. Check out my Smokey Winged Liner post if you prefer a pictorial, or one which you can wear for a day look. This smoky winged liner tutorial is a darker, smokier version.
Alright, I think we can start with New Year Party makeup and move on past the Christmas party makeup for now. If you are still looking for makeup inspiration for Christmas parties, please check my Party makeup tutorials, or use the search bar for specific brands or looks. For this tutorial, I used mainly UD Gwen Stefani palette for the eyes.
I’ve realized that there’re a lot of people who land in my blog looking for an UD Naked 3 tutorial. So, here’s my Party Makeup look using UD Naked 3. This look is not too smoky, but if you’re looking for a smoky using this palette, you can check out my UD Naked 3 smoky eyes video tutorial, and other UD Naked 3 tutorials. I’ve also done an UD Naked 3 review, so if you’re thinking of buying this palette for yourself or as a gift, do read the review first.
I’m using a new camera for this tutorial, and I’m not sure how this pictorial looks on your screen, I hope you can see the colors as I see it on my screen. It’s a very nice mauve shade, and it looks very feminine and soft.
Anyways, for my face, I used a new foundation I recently bought. I think I’m really liking this foundation, it’s the Chanel Perfection Velvet Lumiere. Anyways, will have a line up of reviews coming up soon. I’m trying to push all the makeup tutorials first since it’s almost Christmas and New Year, so reviews will be up in January probably.
One thing regarding this tutorial is that I only used 1 brush, which is the brush that came with the palette. All I did to keep the brush clean between application is to run it through a black stippling sponge (similar to the Vera Mona Color Switch).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Base – UD Naked 3 “Strange”
- Crease – UD Naked 3 “Nooner”
- Outer V – UD Naked 3 “Blackheart”
- Middle lid – UD Naked 3 “Liar”
- Inner lid – UD Naked 3 “Burnout” mixed with “Buzz”
- Lower lash line – UD Naked 3 “Liar”; UD Naked 3 “Blackheart” (outer half)
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil “NW25/NC30”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo liner “Trooper”
- Brows – The Balm Balmsai palette “Woodie”
- Lashes – Esqido Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – The BodyShop “Drops of Youth Wonderblur”
- Foundation – Chanel “Perfection Velvet Lumiere #30”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Cream Concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – Annabelle lip pencil “Natural Rose”
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk lipstick “Nude Pink”
I did promise to post an Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorial in my previous post, and here it is! I did this pretty quickly since I was testing several products all at once. It’s very simple and easy to do. I pretty much only used 2 brushes for the eyes – blending and flat eyeshadow brushes, and this is just my regular go-to eye makeup look.
I’ll be posting more Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorials, so if you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment below! As you know, Gwen Stefani is no stranger to bold makeup look, so for this tutorial, I’ve decided to pair the eyes with red lips. Gwen Stefani does wear a lot of red lipstick paired with bold winged liner. I did a winged liner, but not as bold as her since I don’t have the “real estate” (aka enough space) on my eyelids to do so.
Have you guys check out my UD x Gwen Stefani swatches and first impression yet?! You should!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti Aging”
- Base – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Skimp”
- Transition –Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Stefani “Anaheim”
- Crease – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Zone”
- Outer V/Lower Lash line – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Punk”
- Eyelid – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Blonde”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Winged liner – Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner
- Mascara – NARS “Audicious” mascara
- Falsies – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Base – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Skin:Fit foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Nose contour – Make Up Store “Smog” Micro Eyeshadow
- Blush – Eve Pearl “Bronzing Trio”
- Lip pencil – MAC “Brick” lip pencil
- Lipstick – MAC “Russian Red” lipstick
I can’t believe it’s almost December! Are you guys ready for the Holiday season? If you are ready to attend parties and eat great food, then you should be prepared with great makeup looks! For this post, I want to share with this Lavender Glitter party makeup. One tip I want to share is that I applied it dry first as a base, then dipped my brush in water and re-apply the eyeshadow wet to get more shine from the glitters!
Just beginning of this week, I received a PR package from THEFACESHOP Canada. I was thrilled when I saw all the products they sent me, thus why I created this look! AThis year, break out of your earthy tones, and neutrals. Come join me in this world of sparkles and pastels. You have to give this look a try! It’s not too out there, but at the same time it has just enough color to make you stand out from the rest.
What is your favorite Holiday look? Let me know in the comment below!
This post is very much inspired by the Korean makeup trends (K-Pop makeup) – luminous dewy skin, simple eyes, and gradient lip (or ombre). This look is very simple, and in a lot of way very cute and girly. The Koreans, they don’t really wear much contouring on the face or eyes. They focus mostly on a very youthful-looking skin which looks very dewy, and Popsicle lips. I skipped the falsies because most of the Korean actresses and singers don’t wear them. It’s not a big part of their makeup ritual, unlike the Japanese who are huge fans of falsies.
The reason why I used 2 blushes for this tutorial is because the blush from THEFACESHOP Canada is a bit too light for my skin. Since it does not show up on my skin, I used my Chanel blush, and then used the one from THEFACESHOP Canada on top of the Chanel one to soften the color, and highlight my cheeks.
I’ll be posting a review of THEFACESHOP Canada products I used on this tutorial next week! So, don’t forget to subscribe so you can get my latest post in your inbox (subscribe button is located on the top right side bar).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Lid/lower lash line – THEFACESHOP Canada “Lavender Glitter”
- Winged liner – THEFACESHOP Canada Color Proof eyeliner “Purple Violet”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Mascara – THEFACESHOP Canada “Freshian Big Mascara (01 Curling)”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Lightbulb foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy concealer “Custard”
- Powder – Laura Mercier Invisible loose powder
- Blush – THEFACESHOP “Candy Violet” single blush; Chanel Blush de Horizon
- Lip stain – THEFACESHOP Ink Lipquid “Pink Scarf Rose”
Have you guys ever use makeup wipes? I don’t usually use makeup wipes, so it was interesting for me when I was given the chance to do Kaia Juicy Bamboo Makeup Wipes review. You might have seen a picture of the wipes when I posted in on my Instagram last week. I finally have the opportunity to use it today. This Kaia Juicy Bamboo wipes were sent to me as PR consideration. So, huge thanks and shout out to Kaia for sending me the Juicy Bamboo cleansing clothes!
So, what is Kaia Juicy Bamboo Natural Facial Cleansing Cloths?
“juicy bamboo is not your typical makeup remover “wipe”. It’s actually a healthy cleanser with natural oils.
Cleansing with oils, humectants or balms (non mineral oil) will eliminate skin issues overnight. juicy bamboo natural cleansing oil cloths are soaked in honey, jojoba oil sunflower oil and eight essential oils… they may be called a wipe but on the contrary… they are a cleansing oil cloth. Soaked in vitamins B12, C, E.
Without the harsh makeup stripping ingredients of a typical wipe you can use juicy bamboo as a convenient cleanser. Our cashmere-soft 100% bamboo fibers can be placed in the soil and watch them disappear!
For full coverage makeup, you may wish to remove eye makeup prior to cleansing with juicy bamboo.”
Isn’t this wipe so cute?! I love the packaging! Besides the adorable packaging, I was given wooden tongs (picture on my Instagram) to pick up the wipes. Anyways, the juicy bamboo cleansing cloths come in container of 30 sheets. The nice thing about these wipes are the fact that the wipes are not soaking wet. It’s just wet enough to remove the makeup, but not so wet that it’s slobbering all over my face.
As you can see on my picture below, 1 wipe removes all my makeup on my face. I had foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, brows, lipstick, blush, & powder. It does a pretty good job removing all my makeup without drying my skin off. I did find that it was a bit hard to remove my mascara, but after leaving it on my eyes and pressing it down for couple of minutes, it did remove the mascara as well. It is recommended, though, for you to remove your eye makeup using an eye makeup remover before using the wipe. However, I wanted to test the full strength of the wipe, which was pretty awesome since it did removed all the makeup off my face!
The wipe is pretty small, compared to other makeup wipes, but I don’t mind it at all. I find this size is pretty good for when I travel. Since the Juicy Bamboo wipes are soaked with vitamins (B12, C & E), as well as essential oils, I definitely will be bringing these wipes with me when I travel, esp when I fly to Jakarta! This would be perfect to clean my face on those long flights, since it cleans, tones and moisturizes my skin!
- This review is based on my own experience only, and should not be used to treat, diagnose, prevent any skin conditions.
- If irritation occurred, please contact your health care provider.
- I am not liable for any reaction occurred to you while using this product.
- This product was sent to me by Kaia PR.
- I do not gain any monetary profit from writing this review.
- Links to Kaia website are NOT affiliated links.