Are you guys following FIFA World Cup 2014?! I sure did, and I’m rooting for Brazil! Go Brazil!!! Anyways, since I’m showing my support for Brazil, I decided to do this Brazil Inspired Makeup. I’d probably do a World Cup inspired makeup series for the next couple weeks just for fun! I wanted to post this tomorrow, but decided to do it today.
Anyhow, for this Brazil Inspired Makeup tutorial, I wanted to create a wearable look that uses the colors of the team’s jersey – mainly yellow, a little bit of green and blue (as you can see from the jersey that I wore for today’s tutorial). I love the result, and I especially love that blue eyeliner! If you do re-create this look please TAG ME on twitter or instagram, and hashtag your work with #kireimakeup.
Since the eyes are so bright and bold, I decided to tone it down on my face. My face is kept very minimal, no contouring. My lips, I decided to go with a nude lip, with my new favorite lip pencil, MAC Spice. Since my lips were quite dry, I added Clinique Heaping Hazelnut chubby lip balm to keep it moist. I do apologize if my face doesn’t look that flawless, you can see a bit of breakout here and there, since my immune system is currently down. As you can see, I do not airbrush my face, so what you see is what I actually look like! 😉
1. I applied a yellow cream face paint as a base all over my eyelid. For this tutorial, I used PAC , an Indonesian brand, but you can use any yellow cream base (e.g. MUFE Flash Palette), OR a white base (e.g. NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil in Milk). A good base is necessary so the yellow pops even more.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MUFE eyeshadow no. 71 all over my eyelid.
3. Using a small blending brush, I applied Urban Decay Buck on outer V and extended it into the crease.
4. Using a dark blue cream face paint from PAC and an angled eyeliner brush, I created a winged liner along the upper lash line.
5. *VERY IMPORTANT STEP* I SET the cream eyeliner using Urban Decay Chaos with another clean eyeliner brush. If you don’t set your cream face paint, it’ll crease.
6. On the bottom lash line, I applied Dragon Fly from Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte V1 Brights.
7. I lined my tightline and waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes, applied mascara, and applied Ardell Demi Luvies falsies.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash.
10. For my face, I decided to keep it simple. I applied Marc Jacobs Gel foundation using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
11. I applied a little bit of yellow corrector from MAC Conceal/Correct palette in Medium under my eyes.
12. I dusted MAC Mineralized Skinfinish powder all over my face.
13. I applied Smashbox Halo Blush powder in In Bloom.
14. I lined and filled my lips using MAC Spice lip liner. On top of it, I applied Clinique Chubby lip balm in Heaping Hazelnut.