Today’s post, Daytime Bronze smokey eyes, was actually a pending post from last week. I actually did this look after I did my brows video. Since I was uber busy last week (Shu Uemura competition, work and stuff), I didn’t have the chance to post this tutorial up. I also want to mention that I will not be posting any tutorial until end of this week, so I apologize for missing again. However, do follow me on Instagram to find out what I’m up to! Instagram has been a place for me to micro-blog almost daily.
Anyways, for this look was a request over on Instagram by Sammie. She wanted me to do an easy golden smoky eyes that she can wear during daytime. The key to this look is to keep the black to a minimum if you are going to wear it out for a day makeup. The usual smoky eyes are quite strong and dark, meawhile for this look I kept it quite light and not as intense. I smudged a lot of the black out, and skipped my usual black winged liner. Instead, I opted for a smudged eyeliner using powder. I kept the black on the waterline & tightline, but if you’re afraid that this will close your eyes up you can skip it. I just love black eyeliner on waterline & tightline for smoky eyes.
I used Urban Decay Naked 1 palette for the eyeshadows. You can also find these shades in single pot from Urban Decay.
1. I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin all over my lid using my ring finger.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Urban Decay Smog on the outer half of the lid, all the way to the crease.
3. I used Smashbox bullet crease brush to blend out the edges.
4. Using Sephora crease brush, I applied Urban Decay Darkhorse just to deepen the outer corner.
5. Using a shader brush, I applied Urban Decay Half-Baked on the eyelid.
6. I applied Smog on the outer half of the lower lash line, and Half-Baked on the inner half using an angled eyebrow brush.
7. I applied Urban Decay Creep along the upper lash line and outer third of lower lash line using an angled eyeliner brush.
8. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. For my face, I applied Smashbox Halo Liquid foundation and Cover FX cream foundation brush.
11. I lightly contoured my face using Benefit Hoola bronzer, and added highlight using MAC soft and gentle highlighter.
12. I applied Benefit Coralista blush on my cheeks.
13. On my lips, I applied Shu Uemura Lip Tint Gelato in 01.