Hellow! I’m back this week with a 50s inspired makeup! Actually there’s a beauty blogger challenge this month in which the theme was Dazzling like Marylin. I’m not sure if I’m gonna join the challenge, I was just running out of some inspiration for tutorials, thus why I made this tutorial..hahaha.. 😛
Anyways, as we all know Marylin Monroe is an icon. The first image that comes to mind when someone said Marylin is probably her gorgeous smile, red lips and those sleepy eyes, and obviously her blonde hair. OBVIOUSLY, I’m not Marylin, nor do I look like her. This is an inspired makeup, not supposed to look exactly like her. I’ve to adjust the makeup to suit my face.
I wanted to do the falsies with individual lashes, but I’ve run out of it, so I had to use this one with long wispy corner at the end from Make Up For Ever. The brows in the 50s are more triangular shaped, so I had to re-shape my brows a little since mine aren’t angular.
1. I applied MAC Blanc Type all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a clean blending brush (MAC 217), I applied MAC Omega just slightly above the crease lightly.
3. Using a small blending brush, I applied MAC Brun on the crease.
4. With a MAC 217, I blended out MAC Brun on the crease so it blends out.
5. I applied MAC Brun on the lower lid using a small angled eyeliner brush.
6. For the waterline, I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner in NC30.
7. I lined my upper lashline using Kat Von D Trooper liquid liner.
8. Lashes are curled and I applied L’oreal Voluminous Carbon black mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I applied Make Up For Ever falsies 125 on upper lashes.
10. I filled my brows using a mixture of MAC Omega and MAC Brun, filled them in with an angled brow brush.
11. For the face, I applied Make Up For Ever Pro Finish in 118 all over my face using a round kabuki brush from Sigma.
12. For under the eyes, I applied MAC studio finish concealer in NC30.
13. For contour, I used MAC Blunt blush on the hollows of the cheeks, temples and sides of the nose.
14. For the cheeks, I applied NARS Matahari on the apples lightly. Blush intensity is adjusted after I applied red lips to ensure my face does not look washed off.
15. For the lips, I filled it in with MAC Redd lipliner and applied OCC Stalker lip tar on top of it.
16. For the fake mole, I dotted my face using Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner.
Photo below is without the falsies. Quite wearable, don’t you think? For parties, may be? 😀