Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing? I am back! Super busy at work, haven’t have the time to take a breather yet. Anyways, I’ve been trying to post 2 tutorials/review up every week, so since this Classic Red Lips makeup would be the first one for this week, hopefully I can squeeze another tutorial (perhaps a Halloween tutorial), or a product review by Sunday. I do have a few products lined up to be reviewed, and also a few more Halloween looks before the 31st.
Anyways, for this tutorial, I actually wore this look out for my friend’s wedding on Sunday. I’m sure you’ve seen what I wore with this makeup over on Instagram! Anyways, I used mostly newly bought products – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nudes & Mary-Lou highlighter, Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (smells heavenly), along with Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner & Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited Diva Red lipstick.
If you are of an Asian descent and looking for the perfect red lipstick, you might want to check out Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red. It’s a really pretty red lipstick with a warm (orange) undertone, which will compliments nicely the yellow undertone in our skin. If you prefer a cooler (blue) undertone red lipstick, check out MAC Russian Red.
Anyways, let’s get on the tutorial!
1. I prepped my eyelid using Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then, I applied Matt Singh from The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette on my crease blending it upwards towards the brow bone.
2. I layered in Matt Rossen, again from The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette, on top of Matt Singh. This time, I focused most of the color on the outer part of the crease, blending the color inwards.
3. To add an extra depth, I applied Matt Wood right on the crease. The color was concentrated on the outer part of the crease, and blended inwards.
4. I applied MAC Carbon just on the outer V of the eyelid.
5. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Marzipan from Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye palette on my eyelid.
6. I lightly applied MAC Carbon on my lower lash line and blended it out using a pencil brush.
7. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner, and applied a thick winged liner using Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe.
9. I applied Lavie Lash false eyelashes in Bluebell.
10. On my face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation.
11. I also applied MUFE HD concealer under my eyes.
12. I set my base using Cover FX translucent powder.
13. I very lightly applied The Balm Mary Lou highlighter on the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow and cheek bones.
14. I lightly contoured my face using Smashbox Contour Kit – sides of my nose, temples, jawline and hollows of the cheeks.
15. For the cheeks, I applied Smashbox Halo blush in In Bloom.
16. On my lips, I applied Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red straight from the tube. I did this because I was pressed for time, and I have the lipstick on my clutch for the night, so I can easily touch it up. However, if you want a long lasting lipstick with very little need to touch up, please check out my How-to apply Red lipstick tutorial!
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original); The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude (crease: Matt Singh, Matt Rosen, Matte Wood); MAC Carbon (outer v); Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye palette (eyelid: Marzipan); Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Anastasia Brow Wiz (Taupe); Lavie Lash (Bluebell).
Face – MUFE HD foundation; MUFE HD concealer; The Balm Mary-Lou highlighter; Smashbox contour kit; Smashbox In Bloom blush; Cover FX translucent powder.
Lips – Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red.