Hello readers! It’s been a while, eh? I have gotten over my jet lag, snow storm, and flu. It was quite a tough week to handle since I was feeling super weak! Anyways, have you guys been following my Instagram? If you haven’t please do follow me there to get in touch or to stay updated with my daily antics. If you have, you’re awesome! Anyways, if you are on my Instagram, you’d know that I’ve tried out a new face mask by MaskerAide recently. I’d like to thank Obsessed Canada (division of Nail Polish Canada) for sending me these awesome facial masks for me to try on.
I received 3 MaskerAide facial sheet masks to try on (you can see all 3 on my Instagram account), but I wanted to share with you guys my review on the Beauty Restore Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask by Masker Aide. I’ll do the other masks review soon since each mask has a different function, so I want to review it separately.
Anyways, let me talk about the mask a bit more!
What is Beauty Restore Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask?
Everyday your skin loses essential moisture and nutrients. While you prepare for your beauty sleep, our super hydrating BEAUTY REST’ORE formula (infused with Argan Oil, Super Fruit Extracts, Green Algae and Vitamin E) goes to work to restore, regenerate and repair your skin leaving it silky, smooth and supple by morning. The cooling effect of the mask helps to relax facial muscles easing the signs of stress and fatigue, while natural Lavender Oil relaxes your body and mind. Sweet dreams!
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. To prepare face for your at home facial, start by cleansing and toning your skin.
2. Tear open packet. Gently unfold mask and place on face. Adjust over eyes, nose and mouth for a perfect fit. Rub any excess serum into neck and chest.
3. Relax for 10-20 minutes. Remove mask and discard. Gently pat moisture into skin or give a quick rinse and lightly pat dry.
4. Use once per week. Can be used daily.
Obsessed Canada, 2015
Ok, so if you don’t know what a facial sheet mask is, it is basically a mask. Usually, a face mask is like one of those gel-like or mud-like product where you slap on your face, let it on for a few minutes or until it dries, and you rinse your face afterwards. That’s like the traditional masks, for example the Glam Glow Mud Mask, one I’ve reviewed before.
A facial sheet mask comes with a sheet of mask. This sheet of mask is soaked in the skincare product that it comes with, in this case, a hydrating serum – Vit. E, Argan oil etc. You leave in on your face for 10-20 minutes and then discard the mask afterwards. There isn’t a need to rinse if you don’t want to. You can use it daily or once a week. Facial sheet masks are pretty much a concentrated version of night cream.
Facial sheet masks are very popular in Asia, especially Korea and Japan. I usually use SK II face masks, it was especially helpful during long flights from CGK-YYZ (or vice versa). It gives my skin the extra moisture I need when the humidity is low.
Facial sheet masks are usually used at night after your nightly skincare routine. I’m not sure if you use it before or after your night cream, since I don’t use any. I do use it after my skincare regime (wash, tone, moisturize). After the 20-minute is up, I just rub any excess serum on to my skin and go to bed. For this review, I did it during the day since I need the day light for pictures. I prefer doing the mask after moisturizer since I usually discard the sheet and go to bed, but I think you can do it before your moisturizer too if you want.
- Extra moisture for the dry parched skin
- Effect can be seen immediately (look at before and after pictures below)
- Skin feels plump, moistened, and look dewy
- Smells great!
- Excess serum can be used on neck and decolletage
- Affordable – CA $6/each (compared to SK II – CA $168/10 masks)
- Not for those with oily skin, especially in humid countries (i.e. Indonesia)
- Face mask was too big for my face – certain areas of my face didn’t get covered properly
- Excessive serum can get drippy and messy
Before (Left) and After (Right)
Disclaimer: The Beauty Restore Hydrating facial sheet mask by MaskerAide was sent to me by Obsessed Canada. However, my review is based purely out of my own opinion. I do not earn any money nor credits if you click on the Obsessed Canada and Nail Polish Canada links.