Today I’m doing a little bit different than usual. I’m creating a more creative look for today’s tutorial using UD Moondust palette as well as some mascaras. You can skip smudging the mascara for a more wearable look. Anyways, read more below for product info and step-by-step pictorial!
I’d recommend using a glitter base or a sticky base (e.g. nyx jumbo pencil/cream eyeshadows) when you’re applying the eyeshadows from the UD Moondust palette. The reason why I suggested this is because I find that the glitter doesn’t stick well to the eyelid. The eyeshadows eventually creased after a couple hours. So, I definitely suggest using a sticky base when using the eyeshadows from this palette.
Also, if you find a lot of fall out from the eyeshadows, you can do 2 things – apply your foundation/concealer after you finish your eye makeup, or use tape to remove the fall out. I do find that the eyeshadows from the UD Moondust palette have a lot of fall outs. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since their other glittery eyeshadows do have a lot of fallout in general.
Lastly, for the tutorial, I made a mistake. I should have blend the crease first after I applied Blackheart, and then applied Element (the pink glitter) in the center of my eyelid. I find that when I applied Element first then blend, the glitters tend to get blended out and/or fall out of the eyelid. That’s the reason why I had to go back and pack on more of Element eyeshadow afterwards.
For the mascara smudges, just do it randomly. Don’t think too much about the placement of the smudges. If you don’t like certain smudges, just wait for it to dry and then remove it with a clean cotton bud.
- UD Naked Skin foundation #4*
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard *
- Becca Lowlight Sculpting Perfector *
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Blush in Snapdragon *
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter *
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows *
- Still All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- UD Primer Potion in Anti Aging
- UD Moondust Palette – Element, Magnetic
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary mascara
- YSL Vinyl Couture Mascara in I’m the Fire
- Mink Lashes sample *
- UD Vice lipstick in Naked *
- YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain Wet Nude #208 *
* products used but not mentioned in video