I’m on a mission to use my new Smashbox Full Exposure palette as much as I can, and in as many tutorials as possible. I will mention that I’ll be doing Smashbox Full Exposure palette review and swatches in my next post!
I’ve recently bought MAC Diva lipstick, which is a retro matte dark red lipstick. So, I wanted to start creating a holiday makeup tutorial that has a little bit of a classic look, with a modern twist. I decided to do this tutorial, which consisted of dark red lips and shimmery cat eyeliner.
Keep in mind that the glitters from Smashbox Full Exposure palette S7 eyeshadow might create a lot of fall-out. You might want to do your eye makeup first before doing the rest of the face.
If you want to see a tutorial using the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, please check my Smashbox Full Exposure Look #1 post. If you want to find out how to apply red lipstick, please check my How-To Apply [red] Lipstick post.
1. I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my eyelid using my ring finger.
2. Using Smashbox Full Exposure palette M5 eyeshadow, I applied it all over my lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
3. I created a cat-eyeliner along the upper lash line using MAC 266 brush and Smashbox Full Exposure palette S7 eyeshadow.
4. Using the same brush and eyeshadow from Step 3, I applied the eyeshadow on my lower lash line.
5. I used L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner on my waterline and tightline.
6. I filled my brows using MUFE Aqua Brow gel and a clean MAC 266 brush.
7. I curled my lashes and applied Physician’s Formula Organic mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. Then, I applied Eyeme false eyelashes on the upper lashes.
9. I applied MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC30 all over my face.
10. I applied Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes.
11. I set the base using Cover FX Translucent powder.
12. Using Diorskin Shimmer Star Amber Diamond as highlighter.
13. I used MAC Shadowy as contour, and NARS Mata Hari on the cheeks.
14. On the lips, I applied MAC Brick lip liner and then applied MAC Diva on top of it.