Today I wanted to share this oh-so simple makeup look. This is the look that I wore last night for a friend’s birthday dinner (check my instagram), and seemed to be wearing it almost quite often lately. The makeup itself is very easy, perfect for beginners if you want to do something different with your look. I think the only tricky part of this look is the eyeliner, but you can skip the winged eyeliner if you prefer. This is a very basic eyeshadow application technique, and you can obviously change the colors of the eyeshadow to whatever you like.
I’ve done something very similar to this look in my other Smashbox Full Exposure tutorial, but that one is more dramatic (with falsies and more liner, and slightly more smoky). If you prefer a smokier look, I’ve done 2 tutorials using this palette right here and here. I’ve also done swatches and a Smashbox Full Exposure palette review.
Scroll all the way down for complete product list.
1. I prepped my lid using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. Using a Sephora bullet crease brush, I applied M1 on the outer V of my eyelid, blending the color to my crease.
3. Using a clean bullet crease brush, I applied M7 on just the outer part of the eye.
4. Using a clean Smashbox fluffy blending brush (from the palette itself), I applied a mixture of M2 and M3 on the crease (the picture doesn’t seem to catch those colors since it’s very close to my skin color).
5. Using the flat-end of the Smashbox brush, I applied S3 on my eyelid.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied M7 on the outer half of my lower lid.
7. I created a winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Duo Brow Powder in Brunette.
10. For my face, I applied Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation using a damped sponge.
11. I applied Smashbox contour powder (from the contour/highlight trio kit) under my cheeks.
12. I applied MAC Dainty on my cheeks.
13. For the lips, I applied MAC Please Me lipstick and a little bit of lip balm.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion Sin; Smashbox Full Exposure palette; Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner; Cover Girl lash blast mascara; Anastasia Duo Brow Powder
Face – Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation; Smashbox trio contour kit; MAC Dainty blush
Lips – MAC Please Me lipstick; L’occitane lip balm