I wrote a bunch of stuff for this Holiday Makeup post, and when I tried to save it as my draft, I lost my post! I’m so mad!!! Uggh!!! Anyways, I’m so tired and busy that I don’t have the energy to re-write what I already lost. I do apologize, but I’m going to keep this post short and simple. Please watch the tutorial for explanation and read more below for product info.
As promised, here’s another look using ABH Modern Renaissance palette. This Soft Glam Day makeup is more on the wearable side, even though it can be a little bit glam if you are not used to wearing much makeup during the day. Read more below for pictorial and product info, and watch the tutorial!
My first Ciaté purchase! The Ciaté The Pretty Palette is so pretty and absolutely dreamy. Today, for some reason I create another look using the purple shades again, with rose gold liner (again!). I don’t know why, but it doesn’t matter because I love how this look turns out! It’s very wearable and definitely eye catching. Watch the tutorial below to see how I achieve the look, and check out the swatches as well as pictorial below.
New eyeshadow obsession alert! I’m absolutely loving NARS Outer Limits eyeshadow! I first saw this eyeshadow on Pinterest, but to my dismay it was no longer sold. However, last week, I saw it on Sephora’s website and decided to grab one before it’s too late! I’m so glad I bought it because I love it!!! Anyways, enough with my excitement over this eyeshadow, watch the tutorial below or read more to find out how I create this soft wearable Rose Gold makeup.
Today’s tutorial is all about looking soft, fresh and glowing, which would be perfect for those of you who have to attend Summer Wedding, or even for Summer Brides. For this look, I’m using my new Shu Uemura Blushing Beige palette, and if you’ve followed me on Instagram, you’d know that I’ve posted the picture of the palette. This palette is absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to create more looks using it.
Anyways, for this Romantic makeup look using the Shu Uemura Blushing Beige palette, go ahead and watch it on my Youtube channel ,or read more and check out the step-by-step pictorial below!
Today I want to share my No-makeup Makeup tutorial, since I feel like lately everyone is doing such heavy full on makeup. This no-makeup makeup look focuses more on creating beautiful skin and keeping everything else in the down low. The purpose of this tutorial is to show you guys that you can achieve a beautiful look without going overboard with extreme contouring/overlining and everything else. Read more below to find out more about this tutorial.
I’ve realized that there’re a lot of people who land in my blog looking for an UD Naked 3 tutorial. So, here’s my Party Makeup look using UD Naked 3. This look is not too smoky, but if you’re looking for a smoky using this palette, you can check out my UD Naked 3 smoky eyes video tutorial, and other UD Naked 3 tutorials. I’ve also done an UD Naked 3 review, so if you’re thinking of buying this palette for yourself or as a gift, do read the review first.
I’m using a new camera for this tutorial, and I’m not sure how this pictorial looks on your screen, I hope you can see the colors as I see it on my screen. It’s a very nice mauve shade, and it looks very feminine and soft.
Anyways, for my face, I used a new foundation I recently bought. I think I’m really liking this foundation, it’s the Chanel Perfection Velvet Lumiere. Anyways, will have a line up of reviews coming up soon. I’m trying to push all the makeup tutorials first since it’s almost Christmas and New Year, so reviews will be up in January probably.
One thing regarding this tutorial is that I only used 1 brush, which is the brush that came with the palette. All I did to keep the brush clean between application is to run it through a black stippling sponge (similar to the Vera Mona Color Switch).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Base – UD Naked 3 “Strange”
- Crease – UD Naked 3 “Nooner”
- Outer V – UD Naked 3 “Blackheart”
- Middle lid – UD Naked 3 “Liar”
- Inner lid – UD Naked 3 “Burnout” mixed with “Buzz”
- Lower lash line – UD Naked 3 “Liar”; UD Naked 3 “Blackheart” (outer half)
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil “NW25/NC30”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo liner “Trooper”
- Brows – The Balm Balmsai palette “Woodie”
- Lashes – Esqido Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – The BodyShop “Drops of Youth Wonderblur”
- Foundation – Chanel “Perfection Velvet Lumiere #30”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Cream Concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – Annabelle lip pencil “Natural Rose”
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk lipstick “Nude Pink”
Another Party Makeup tutorial for you guys, since you know Christmas is in 2 weeks! Anyways, for this tutorial I used Anastasia Beverly Hills (ABH) Self Made palette, which I completely forgotten about. It was sitting at the back of my drawer, and I was so busy that I didn’t remember I actually bought the palette.
For this look, my focus is on a very strong eyes. I didn’t make this too smoky since I knew I was going to create a winged liner, but if you prefer a smokier look, omit the winged liner, and use a matte black eyeshadow along the lash line for a smokier lash line.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Transition – ABH Self Made Palette “Sherbet”
- Crease – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Outer V – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot Chocolate”
- Eyelid – ABH Self Made Palette “Self-Made”
- Lower lash line – ABH Self Made Palette “Hot & Cold” (outer); ABH Self Made Palette “Pink Champagne” (inner)
- Winged liner – Maybelline Gel Liner “Black”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil liner “NW25/NC30”
- Brows – ABH Dip Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Esqido Mink lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”; The BodyShop Drops of Youth “Wonderblur”
- Foundation – MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer
- Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose powder”
- Blush – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush “Vibrant Poppy”
- Lipstick – YSL Glossy Stain “Peche Cerra-Cola (27)”
Last Saturday I had the chance to do a makeup job for a wedding party. I’ve decided to share this Asian bridal makeup look, similar to what I’ve done last Saturday on today’s post. The bride was looking absolutely gorgeous, and I’ve shared a picture of her before and after on my Instagram. Today’s tutorial is not exactly the same as what I’ve done on my client, but it still uses similar shades. On my bride, I used a lot more warmer brown and darker outer V.
The focus is on the skin, where I want my skin to still look like skin but a better version of it. I really like the look of a dewy skin without making it look like I have a ton of makeup products on. This is very important to me because I really want my skin looks natural, and not cakey.
Also featured on this post are my Tweezerman brushes and eyelash curler sent to me by Preen.me as part of their PreenMeVIP program. The brushes and tools used are the blender brush, shader brush, line glider brush, and ProMaster eyelash curler. Not in picture, Tweezerman brow brush used to fill in my brows.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “original”
- Base – MAC “Brule”
- Crease – MAC “Cork”
- Inner corner – MAC “Naked Lunch”
- Center of lid/lower lid – MAC “Amber Lights”
- Outer V/lower lid – MAC “Sketch” mixed with “Brun”
- Lower lash line – MAC “Carbon”
- Winged liner – Maybelline gel liner “Black”
- Waterline – MAC “Smolder” kohl pencil
- Brows – ABH Brow Pomade “Taupe” + “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Foundation – CoverFX Cream foundation “G40” (applied using a damped sponge)
- Concealer – MAC “studio fix concealer NC30”
- Setting Powder – Cover FX translucent powder
- Contour – Becca “Lowlight Sculpting Perfector”
- Blush – Smashbox Halo Blush powder “In Passion”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – MUFE Aqua Lip pencil “Vibrant Pink (15c)”
- Lip color – Sephora Oil Infusion Color & Care “Pink Granita”
I have a new favorite lip color! MAC D for Danger lipstick is a gorgeous berry shade with a matte finish. I love it! I have been looking for a berry lip color for a while now, but usually it’s too purple, so I’m very excited when I found this shade. D for Danger is a permanent lipstick shade at MAC. I recently found it when I was browsing their Retro Matte collection.
Anyways, I paired UD Naked Smoky with this berry lips. I went with a winged liner, and bronze on the lids. Nothing too dark on the crease since I want the focus to be on the winged liner itself. This look is quite heavy on both eyes and lips, but I don’t quite mind it. I think this will look nice for a party. For a day look, I probably will leave the eyes bare, just mascara and groomed brows, leaving the lips to be the focus of the attention.
I have done a smoky eye look using UD Naked Smoky in my previous tutorial, please check it out!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Transition – UD Naked Smoky “Combust”
- Crease/outer lid – UD Naked Smoky “Whiskey”
- Middle lid – UD Naked Smoky “Dirtysweet”
- Inner corner – UD Naked Smoky “High”
- Winged liner/outer corner of lower lid – Maybelline “Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black”
- Waterline – L’oreal “Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Wiz “Taupe” and “Medium Brown”
- Falsies – Gwiyomi Boutique false lashes “no. 3”
- Primer – Becca “Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector”
- Foundation – NARS Luminous Weightless Foundation “Punjab”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – CoverFX translucent setting powder
- Contour – Smashbox contour kit “contour” shade
- Cheeks – NARS “Mata Hari” blush
- Lipstick – MAC “D for Danger”