Are you guys still looking for inspiration for Valentine’s day makeup? I created this smoldering plum smoky look using Tarte Light of the Party palette. The eyeshadows in this palette are very soft and sheer, and it’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. I would say this look would be a pretty look for Valentine’s day, if you’re looking to do smoky eyes.
Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and here’s my Valentine’s Day Soft Makeup look! I used my brand new Smashbox Double Exposure Palette for this look, and couple other new products which I just recently bought. Don’t forget to check out my Instagram to see what else I got besides the palette!
Anyways, for this look, I wanted a soft subtle feminine makeup. The eyes are peachy plum, and defined using black liquid liner. I absolutely love how this turned out! I wore this look out for lunch, and I’m really happy with it. The look isn’t overdone at all, you still look like yourself but slightly better. There’s no bold colors, no overdrawn brows, just a nice pretty simple makeup.
Just FYI, I’m using daylight for my pictures since I don’t have my lights with me. Oh, you guys like my “heart” sweater? I thought I’d wore it for the tutorial since it’s a valentine’s day makeup post.
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer potion.
2. I applied Fig on my crease using a blending brush (from Smashbox Full Exposure palette).
3. Using the flat eyeshadow brush from the Smashbox Double Exposure palette, I applied Quartz all over my eyelid.
4. I used the angled brush end from the Double Exposure palette, I applied Espresso on the outer V to deepen the crease.
5. I also applied Fig on the lower lash line using the angled brush. I applied Quartz on the inner half of the lower lid.
6. I lined the outer half of my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. On my upper lash line, I created a winged liner using Kat Von D Trooper tattoo liner.
7. I curled my lashes, and applied Smashbox Full Exposure mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I applied Gwiyomi False lashes no. 3 to open up my eyes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe.
10. On my face, I applied Becca Shimmering Perfector in Moonstone, then I applied Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation.
11. On my cheeks, I applied NARS Mata Hari blush.
12. I lined and filled my lips using MUFE Aqua lip pencil #18c.
- Smashbox Double Exposure Palette (crease/lower lash line: Fig, lid/inner corner: Quartz, outer V: Espresso)
- L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner (waterliner)
- Kat Von D Trooper tattoo liner (winged liner)
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara (upper and lower lashes)
- Gwiyomi False lashes #3
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (base)
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (foundation)
- NARS Matahari
- Make Up For Ever aqua lip pencil #18C