Are you guys still looking for inspiration for Valentine’s day makeup? I created this smoldering plum smoky look using Tarte Light of the Party palette. The eyeshadows in this palette are very soft and sheer, and it’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea but I love it. I would say this look would be a pretty look for Valentine’s day, if you’re looking to do smoky eyes.
Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and here’s my Valentine’s Day Soft Makeup look! I used my brand new Smashbox Double Exposure Palette for this look, and couple other new products which I just recently bought. Don’t forget to check out my Instagram to see what else I got besides the palette!
Anyways, for this look, I wanted a soft subtle feminine makeup. The eyes are peachy plum, and defined using black liquid liner. I absolutely love how this turned out! I wore this look out for lunch, and I’m really happy with it. The look isn’t overdone at all, you still look like yourself but slightly better. There’s no bold colors, no overdrawn brows, just a nice pretty simple makeup.
Just FYI, I’m using daylight for my pictures since I don’t have my lights with me. Oh, you guys like my “heart” sweater? I thought I’d wore it for the tutorial since it’s a valentine’s day makeup post.
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer potion.
2. I applied Fig on my crease using a blending brush (from Smashbox Full Exposure palette).
3. Using the flat eyeshadow brush from the Smashbox Double Exposure palette, I applied Quartz all over my eyelid.
4. I used the angled brush end from the Double Exposure palette, I applied Espresso on the outer V to deepen the crease.
5. I also applied Fig on the lower lash line using the angled brush. I applied Quartz on the inner half of the lower lid.
6. I lined the outer half of my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. On my upper lash line, I created a winged liner using Kat Von D Trooper tattoo liner.
7. I curled my lashes, and applied Smashbox Full Exposure mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I applied Gwiyomi False lashes no. 3 to open up my eyes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe.
10. On my face, I applied Becca Shimmering Perfector in Moonstone, then I applied Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation.
11. On my cheeks, I applied NARS Mata Hari blush.
12. I lined and filled my lips using MUFE Aqua lip pencil #18c.
- Smashbox Double Exposure Palette (crease/lower lash line: Fig, lid/inner corner: Quartz, outer V: Espresso)
- L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner (waterliner)
- Kat Von D Trooper tattoo liner (winged liner)
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara (upper and lower lashes)
- Gwiyomi False lashes #3
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (base)
- Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation (foundation)
- NARS Matahari
- Make Up For Ever aqua lip pencil #18C
I’ve done a lot of UD Naked 3 makeup tutorials, and though most of them are smoky eyes, I do have a few non-smoky eyes tutorials. I was looking back on those tutorials, and I’ve decided to revisit this Soft Romantic Makeup post. I actually liked how I did my makeup in that post, but I felt that I wanted to redo it, and added more intensity to the shadows. Which one do you prefer? This tutorial or the original one? Let me know on the comments below!
I’d also like to mention that I’ve changed the way I filled my brows for this tutorial – it’s thicker, and more natural looking. I think I prefer this brow, even though it might look “less polished” than the “carved out” brows (aka concealer on top and bottom of my brows), I do like how it looks more organic. What do you guys think?
I apologize if the photos are slightly too warm, I didn’t realize my camera’s white balance setting was on the “warming filter” option. I tried to neutralize it using photoshop, but this is all I can do for now (besides trying to neutralize the yellow shade, I did not do anything else – no airbrushing whatsoever). I’ll be more careful next time.
*Check out my other UD NAKED 3 TUTORIALS*
1. I applied MAC Perky paint pot all over my (mobile) eyelid using my ring finger.
2. Using a small blending brush, I applied UD Naked 3 Darkside on the outer V.
3. Using the blending brush that came with the palette, I applied Nooner on the crease. I used this shade to blend out the edge of Darkside.
4. I applied Trick on the eyelid, using the flat eyeshadow brush that came with the palette.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied Burnout on the inner corner of the lower lid, and Darkside on the outer half.
6. I, very lightly, applied a teeeensy bit of Blackheart right on the roots of the lower lashes (just the outer half).
7. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner in NW25/NC30. Along the upper lash line, I created a winged liner using L’oreal 24H Lacquer Liner and an angled eyeliner brush.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette.
9. Curled my lashes, and applied Gwiyomi False lashes no. 3.
10. I applied Benefit Porefessional primer all over my face.
11. While letting the primer set, I applied Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector underneath my eyes (my dark circles are getting prominent lately!)
11. Then, I applied MUFE HD Foundation in 120 using Real Technique Expert Face brush.
12. I applied MAC Pro Longwear Concealer under my eyes, as well as on the bridge of my nose (just between the brows).
13. I also applied L’oreal Visible Lift blush in Rose Gold on my cheeks.
14. I set my face using NARS Setting Powder.
15. On my lips, I applied MAC Please Me lipstick and a few dabs of clear gloss.
Eyes – MAC Perky paint pot; Urban Decay Naked 3 palette (eyelid: Trick, outer V/lower lashline: Darkside, inner corner of lower lid: Burnout; roots of lashes: Blackheart); MAC Chromagraphic liner NW25/NC30; L’oreal 24H Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette; Gwiyomi False lashes no. 3
Face – Benefit Porefessional primer; MUFE HD Foundation in 120; Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector; MAC Pro Longwear concealer; NARS Setting Powder.
Cheeks – L’oreal Visible Lift Blush in Rose Gold.
Lips – MAC Please Me lipstick; L’occitane clear lip balm.
Update Jan. 13, 2016: I have a new Valentine’s day tutorial on youtube using UD Gwen Stefani palette! Come check THIS VIDEO OUT if you haven’t already.
Happy mid-week, everyone! Valentine’s day is just a few weeks away, and I wanted to create a soft, feminine makeup using UD Naked 3. This Valentine’s Day makeup is girly, warm, and rose-hued. The eyes are made to look bigger and brighter. I’ll do another smoky eyes tutorial using UD Naked 3 for Valentine’s day next time.
I know I’ve been using UD Naked 3 a lot, but I can’t help it! It’s so pretty and gorgeous, how can I resist it?! It’s one of those palettes that does not have much browns and grey, but at the same time it’s neutral enough to be used daily and in different ways.
I prepped my eyelids using UD Primer Potion.
1. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Dust on the inner half of the lid.
2. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Buzz on the outer half of the lid, leaving the middle part empty if you’d like. If not, that’s fine as well.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Burnout to the middle of the eyelid. This will act as a good transition color between Dust and Buzz.
4. Using the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Liar on the crease to create a bit of depth without going smoky.
5. I applied Factory on the outer V, and blended it out using a blending brush.
6. On the lower lid, I applied Dust on the inner corner, Buzz in the middle, and applied Factory on the outer half using an angled eyeliner brush.
7. I created a winged eyeliner on the upper lash line using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
8. On the waterline, I applied white end of Revlon Photoready Kajal eyeliner in Cleopatra. I applied the black end of this eyeliner on the outer third of my lower lash line.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. I also applied false eyelashes from Gwiyomi boutique (Indonesia-based).
10. I filled my brows using Anastastia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
11. On my face, I applied UD Naked Skin foundation using a Sigma Round Kabuki Brush.
12. I lightly contour my face using MAC Shadowy powder and NARS Ita Kabuki Brush.
13. I applied MAC Cubic on my cheeks.
14. On my lips, I applied MAC Please Me lipstick.
- Eyes – UD Primer Potion, UD Naked 3 palette, Revlon Photoready Kajal Intense Eyeliner in Cleopatra, L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip, Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde/Brunette.
- Face – UD Naked Skin foundation, MAC Shadowy powder, MAC Cubic, MAC Please Me.
Valentine’s day is 11 days away, and here’s another Valentine’s day inspired look. I probably won’t wear this on a Valentine’s day, but I just pick colors that I feel is valentine-ish. The look has plums, purple and pink in it. I feel that the colors look better on real life, probably because my camera isn’t picking up the colors since I changed my lights (grrrr)..Hopefully once I’m back home I’ll be able to take better pictures…
Anyhoow, enough of me complaining…This look is more on the smokier side. May be on the next tutorial I’ll post a look that’s more wearable for Valentine’s day.
1. I applied Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink all over my lid using my ring finger.
2. I used a large eye angled brush and applied a berry-burgundy eyeshadow from Lancome (discontinued) on the outer V and just above the crease. I wanted to add some warmth to the look.
3. I used a blending brush and blended it.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied L’oreal Purple Obsession Infallible eyeshadow right on the crease (or in my case, where the fold of my eyelid is). It’s ok if some of the shadow fall on the lid area (like mine)
5. Using a clean blending brush, I blended the purple until there’s no harsh line. I used small circular motion to blend the shadow.
6. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied L’oreal Sweet Strawberry Infallible eyeshadow on the inner to the center of the lid using a patting motion.
7. I applied a vanilla eyeshadow on the inner corner, but I think a peachy or champagne highlighter will work better. Oh well.
8. I lined my waterline and lower lashline using Make Up For Ever eyeliner (4L).
9. I applied Galeano eyeshadow from Kat Von D Beethoven palette on the lower lid.
10. I lined my upper lashline using Kat Von D Trooper liquid liner to create a winged liner.
11. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
12. Using MAC Brule, I applied it under the brow bone.
13. I filled my brows using a mix of MAC Omega + MAC Brun using an angled brush.
14. Using a very clean blending brush, I blended the crease a little bit more.
15. On the face, I applied MAC Moisture Cover on NW 15 under my eyes.
16. Then, I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi foundation all over my face using Sigma Kabuki Round brush.
17. I applied MAC Warmth of Coral mineralized blush on the cheeks.
18. For the lips, I filled in my lips using L’oreal Beyond Pink lip liner and applied Revlon Mauve It Over on top of it.
Hola! Today’s tutorial is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The pink and purple combination spells romance and it’s wearable enough to be worn on a date. The look turned out better than expected. The purple blends very nicely into the pink and I took may be about 30mins to complete the whole makeup.
1. I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid.
2. For the pink eyeshadow, I used the Burgundy from Smashbox Flash palette on my lid with a flat eyeshadow brush.
3. On the outer V, I gently pat L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Purple Obsession using a flat eyeshadow brush.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended the crease ensuring there’s no harsh line.
5. Using a small angled brush, I applied Purple Obsession on the outer half of the lower lid and Peachy from Smashbox Flash palette on the inner half of the lower lid.
6. I also applied Peachy lightly on the inner corner of the upper eyelid.
7. Using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner on the waterline and tightline.
8. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler and applied L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I filled my brows lightly using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. For the face, I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi foundation all over my face using Shiseido foundation brush.
11. For under the eyes, I applied Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage stick concealer.
12. I applied MAC Fleur Power on the cheeks and applied Revlon Just Bitten in Charmed on my lips to complete the look.
My love for OCC lip tars grows stronger every day! I’ve never been the “lipstick” kinda gal but I have a certain fondness for anything red lips. So, I’ve another version of the red lips look using OCC lip tars in Stalker. In this tutorial, I’m using OCC lip tars in Vintage. Stalker is blue red, while Vintage is burgundy red.
I bought mine from Sephora Eaton Center in Toronto. It comes in a small pouch with a small lip brush (I’ll do swatches and all that jazz on my next post).
For the look, the eyes are kept to a bare minimum and I skipped the winged liner. The face is dewy with a little contour. I love how the look turned out. The look is wearable for party or a night-out, or even bridal makeup!
Make sure to re-check the blush after you complete the lips. Since the lip color is quite strong, you might need to add more blush so your face don’t look wash-out.
1. I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi foundation with my fingers. I applied it on the center of my face, blending it outwards.
2. I applied Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach under my eyes, tapping it using my ring finger.
3. I applied L’oreal Magic Touche Concealer on my blemishes and under my eyes.
4. I powdered my T-zone with Cinema Secret loose powder and a tapered face brush.
5. For the eyes, I applied the light brown eyeshadow from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm quad eyeshadow with a flat eyeshadow brush, and blended the crease using a clean blending brush.
6. I applied the dark brown eyeshadow from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm along my upper lash line and lower lash line using an angled brush.
7. I used a clean blending brush and applied the highlighter color from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm quad under the brow.
8. Using whatever is left on the brush, I applied the highlighter color on the inner corner of my eyelid.
9. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Telescopic Shocking Extension mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I filled my brows using an angled brush and a mix of MAC Omega + MAC Brun.
11. Using a face fan brush, I applied Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Stardust on the cheekbones.
12. Using the same fan brush, I applied MAC Sculpting Powder in Shadowy on the hollows of the cheeks.
13. Using a blush brush, I applied a mixture of MAC Cubic and MAC Fleur Powder on the cheeks.
14. Using the lip brush that comes with the OCC Lip Tar, I applied OCC Vintage lip tar on my lips.
- I applied a thin layer at first on the center of the lips.
- Using whatever is on the brush, I traced the outline of my lips to make sure I like the shape.
- I applied another thin layer to complete the look.