I hope you guys have been enjoying all these Holiday Makeup tutorials I’ve been creating lately. Today’s tutorial is all about this Casual Glitter Holiday Makeup look. This look is fun, easy and simple. It’s definitely the opposite of what I’ve been doing so far with all those glam holiday makeup look. Anyways, watch the tutorial and read more below!
Hey all! Today, for another instalment of my Holiday Makeup series, I’m doing a black smoky eyes with gold liner, which is paired with a dark red lips. I know, I know, this is totally out of my usual routine, but I thought why not? You can always just take one of the features and leave the rest out (i.e. keep the smoky eyes and leave the dark lips, or wear the dark lips without the smoky eyes).
Anyways, watch the tutorial below to see how you can achieve the look, or read more below to check out the pictorials!
I’m on a roll these past 2 weeks! 2 tutorials a week, whaaat?! Anyways, today I’m doing another Holiday Makeup for those of you who are not afraid to go bold with your makeup wardrobe. Today, I’m using the amazing Pat Mcgrath Metamorphosis 005 kit in Copper as well as her Dual-ended black marker. This is a very exaggerated winged liner look, and I paired it with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche in Nori. Watch the tutorial or read more below!
note: I kept saying “metamorphosis” instead of “metalmorphosis”, and it was my mistake. I thought it was Metamorphosis kit, but turned out it was Metalmorphosis. Ooops!
I can’t believe it’s almost December! Are you guys ready for the Holiday season? If you are ready to attend parties and eat great food, then you should be prepared with great makeup looks! For this post, I want to share with this Lavender Glitter party makeup. One tip I want to share is that I applied it dry first as a base, then dipped my brush in water and re-apply the eyeshadow wet to get more shine from the glitters!
Just beginning of this week, I received a PR package from THEFACESHOP Canada. I was thrilled when I saw all the products they sent me, thus why I created this look! AThis year, break out of your earthy tones, and neutrals. Come join me in this world of sparkles and pastels. You have to give this look a try! It’s not too out there, but at the same time it has just enough color to make you stand out from the rest.
What is your favorite Holiday look? Let me know in the comment below!
This post is very much inspired by the Korean makeup trends (K-Pop makeup) – luminous dewy skin, simple eyes, and gradient lip (or ombre). This look is very simple, and in a lot of way very cute and girly. The Koreans, they don’t really wear much contouring on the face or eyes. They focus mostly on a very youthful-looking skin which looks very dewy, and Popsicle lips. I skipped the falsies because most of the Korean actresses and singers don’t wear them. It’s not a big part of their makeup ritual, unlike the Japanese who are huge fans of falsies.
The reason why I used 2 blushes for this tutorial is because the blush from THEFACESHOP Canada is a bit too light for my skin. Since it does not show up on my skin, I used my Chanel blush, and then used the one from THEFACESHOP Canada on top of the Chanel one to soften the color, and highlight my cheeks.
I’ll be posting a review of THEFACESHOP Canada products I used on this tutorial next week! So, don’t forget to subscribe so you can get my latest post in your inbox (subscribe button is located on the top right side bar).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Lid/lower lash line – THEFACESHOP Canada “Lavender Glitter”
- Winged liner – THEFACESHOP Canada Color Proof eyeliner “Purple Violet”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Mascara – THEFACESHOP Canada “Freshian Big Mascara (01 Curling)”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Lightbulb foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy concealer “Custard”
- Powder – Laura Mercier Invisible loose powder
- Blush – THEFACESHOP “Candy Violet” single blush; Chanel Blush de Horizon
- Lip stain – THEFACESHOP Ink Lipquid “Pink Scarf Rose”
Are you guys ready for the Holiday season?! For those of you who are celebrating Christmas, I hope you’ll enjoy this Christmas Makeup tutorial! This is a makeup collaboration with fellow Indonesian Beauty Bloggers – Feegy from Muses Wonderland, Chell from Polish Wonderland, and myself (not from any wonderland *wink* hahaha). So, don’t forget to check their tutorial out!
We collaborated in creating a Christmas look with a little bit of glitter ya’know, because it’s Christmas! We need glitters, hon! Sparkles everywhere! Feegy created a silver glitter smoky eyes, and Chell went on the nude glitter eyes. For me, I went all out with green, gold and glitters! Hey, it’s Christmas, I might as well make full use of all the Christmas colors!
For my look, even though it’s pretty bold and colorful, it is still wearable if you aren’t afraid of colors. The placement of the colors are quite important so you don’t go looking all crazy, you get what I’m saying? Instead of green, gold and glitter everywhere, I focused these 3 products on specific location on my eyes. This way, the colors work well together, and you don’t look like a glittery mess.
The green is located on the center of the eyelids only so that when you blink, that gorgeous color will pop along with a teensy bit of crushed metallic pigment. You can use glitter if you don’t have the crushed pigment. The gold glitter is on the inner half of the lower lid, this will brighten and open up your eyes.
The key is to apply the bright color and glitter lightly. Notice I used my finger to apply the green shade, I also use my finger just to press the crushed pigment very lightly all over my lid. This way, the colors and glitters aren’t all over the place. By combining bright colors with neutrals, your whole look will be pulled together.
My eyelids are prepped using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
1. I applied Urban Decay Buck eyeshadow above my crease, as my transition color, using a crease blending brush.
2. Using Smashbox bullet crease brush, I applied Kat Von D Shadow Box (Monarch palette) on the outer and inner V of the eyes.
3. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream no. 52 on the center of my eyelid using my ring finger.
4. Using the same ring finger, I VERY lightly tapped MAC Metallic Crushed Pigment in Moss Garden all over my lid. I just want a little bit of the crushed metallic pigment for shine, not for the color.
5. I lined my upper lash line using Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner. On the waterline, I applied MAC Smolder kohl eyeliner.
6. On the lower lash line, I applied PAC eyeliner liquid in Bazaar Gold on the inner half. On the outer half, I applied Kat Von D Deadhead eyeshadow (Monarch palette) using a smudger brush.
7. Using the same smudger brush as step no. 5, I applied whatever was left on that brush on the outer and inner V of my eyes (on top of Shadow Box), just to add a bit of depth.
8. I applied Gwiyomi Annabelle lashes for extra drama.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette.
10. On my face, I applied Diorskin Star foundation using Real Technique foundation brush.
11. I also applied MAC Pro Long-Wear concealer under my eyes, and any areas I need to cover.
12. I set my face using CoverFX Translucent powder.
13. I applied Smashbox bronzing powder from the contour kit to warm my face up slightly. Then, I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon on my cheeks.
14. On my lips, I lined and filled it with MAC Brick lip pencil. Then, I applied OCC Vintage lip tar on top of it.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; Kat Von D Monarch Palette (Shadow Box, Deadhead), Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream no. 52; Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner; PAC eyeliner liquid in Bazaar Gold; Gwiyomi falsies in Annabelle; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette.
Face – Diorskin Star Foundation 030; MAC Pro Long-Wear concealer NC25; CoverFX translucent powder.
Cheeks – Smashbox contour kit (bronzer); Chanel Blush de Horizon.
Lips – MAC Brick lip pencil; OCC Vintage lip tar.
Hello everyone! I’m back with a new Holiday Makeup tutorial! Christmas is just around the corner, and I want to be able to squeeze in couple holiday makeup looks before it’s here. For this year’s first holiday makeup series, I wanted to create a very warm eye makeup with a bit of color. So, I decided to use my beloved Kat Von D Monarch palette and some loose gold pigment.
Since the eyes are so strong, the rest of the face is kept simple and on the down low. We want the attention to be on the bold eyes. No liners, you can if you want, but I wanted to keep the focus on the colors since it’s so gorgeous. The lashes are optional to, but I think the lashes help to make the eyes look bigger.
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion. I dusted Tiny Death from Kat Von D Monarch palette all over my eyes, all the way up to the brow bone.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Wrath from the Kat Von D monarch on the outer V, blending it inwards towards the inner corner.
3. Using another flat eyeshadow brush, I applied a L’oreal HIP High Intensity Pigment in Visionary on the inner half of the eyelid.
4. Using the same shader brush as step 2, I applied Wrath on the lower lash line.
5. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette.
6. I applied Mata Nona falsies no. 015 on my upper lashes.
7. I lined my waterline, just the outer half, using MAC Smolder kohl eyeliner pencil.
8. On my face, I applied Etude House BB cream.
9. I applied MAC Pro Long-Wear concealer under my eyes and my on blemishes.
10. I set my face using Cover FX Translucent powder.
11. I applied NARS Orgasm blush on my cheeks.
12. Lightly, I dusted The Balm Mary Lou Manizer on my cheekbones, nose and cupid’s bow.
14. I also dusted a little bit of MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Deep on the outside perimeter of my face to warm my face up slightly.
13. I applied Revlon Socialite lipstick on my lips.
As Christmas approaches fairly quickly, I decided that it is a tradition to do a glitter holiday makeup! Last year, I did a gold glitter eyeliner, this year I decided to do more glitter all over the eyelid. I just love how it sparkleees! Don’t you?
Oh, a word of warning, if glitter fall all over your face, you can get rid of it by using a clean mascara wand – use the tip of the wand to pick the glitter. You can also use masking tape (the sticky side, obviously) and carefully stick it to your face to remove the glitter.
The trick to avoid fall-out from the glitter is to apply it with a damped brush. That way, the glitter sticks itself to the brush. You packed on that glitter on the eyelid and voila! Minimal to no fall-out.
1. I applied UD Tease eyeshadow slightly above the crease using a fluffy blending brush.
2. I applied UD Blackout eyeshadow on the crease using a small shader brush.
3. Using a clean Smashbox Bullet brush (or any blending brush), I blended UD Blackout to soften the edge.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Rose Gold loose pigment on the eyelid.
5. I applied gold glitter from Faces glitter stack on a wet flat eyeshadow brush.
6. I created a winged liner on the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
7. On the lower lid, I applied the same glitter as step 5 using a wet angled eyeliner brush on the inner half.
8. On the outer half of the lower lid, I applied UD Blackout eyeshadow using a clean dry angled eyeliner brush.
9. I also lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
10. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
11. I applied Ardell 109 false eyelashes just for an extra touch.
12. My brows were filled using Anastasia Duo Brow Powder in Brunette.
13. Under the brows, I applied UD Foxy eyeshadow using a fluffy blending brush.
14. For my face, I applied L’oreal Magique Lumi Foundation in W3 using CoverFX Cream Foundation brush.
15. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Cubic blush.
Hi ya’ll!!!! As the holiday is fast approaching, I want to do at least 1 red lips tutorial before Christmas comes around. This is such easy red lips holiday makeup look! The eyes are very simple, and the lips are in a shade of a beautiful red. Not too bright, not too dark. This is a very nice makeup for brides who are going for the red lips look.
I added an extra touch of false eyelashes just because I want the eyes to look even bigger and more dolled-up. After all, it is a holiday makeup!
if you want to find out how I apply and create long-lasting lips, please check my “How-to apply [red] lipstick” tutorial. On the full-face picture, the lips look a bit bright, but that’s because of the light that I use for this tutorial. The lips are actually slightly darker than the picture. It’s a very nice warm brown-red.
1. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using another clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Woodwinked on the center of the lid.
3. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow on the outer half of my lower lid, and MAC Woodwinked on the inner half using an angled eyeliner brush.
4. I created a very small feline flick using a black eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
5. Using the same eyeshadow and brush as step 4, I lightly lined the outer corner of my lower lash line.
6. I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner pencil in NC30 on the waterline.
7. I applied Anastasia Brow Duo Powder in Brunette on my eyebrows.
8. Next, I curled and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. Then, I applied Ardell false eyelashes in 109 on the upper lash line.
10. I applied L’oreal Magique Lumi foundation in W3 all over my face using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
11. Using a small concealer brush, I applied a very light coat of foundation on my lips.
12. Then, I lined and filled my lips using MAC Brick lip liner.
13. I also filled my lips using MAC Dare You lipstick using a rounded lip brush.
*for futher tutorial on how I make the lipstick last, please check my how-to apply [red] lipstick tutorial*
14. Using MUFE HD concealer, I concealed my dark under eyes.
15. I powdered my face using CoverFX translucent powder.
16. I slightly contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox contour/highlight trio palette.
17. I applied NARS Mata Hari blush on my cheeks.
18. My hair was set using Caruso Steam Rollers.
I’ve done gold/brown makeup, a silver smoky eyes makeup, natural looking makeup, as well as bold lips holiday makeup. Today, I wanted to do another more wearable, soft and easy holiday makeup. I used Rose Gold since I think it’s fun and feminine. This tutorial is for those of you who are girly, and want to look more on the natural low-key for the holiday. I also feel that this look will be good for those with deep set eyes.
The idea is similar to the Fresh Dewy makeup tutorial post couple days a go. The eyes are simple and high in shimmer, the face is semi-matte and natural finish. This look suits those who don’t like to wear heavy makeup. Everything is very simple and light. You can skip the eyeliner altogether, and just wear mascara. I just like the look of a cat/winged eyeliner to frame my eyes.
1. I applied Bobbi Brown Rose Gold long wearing cream eyeshadow on my eyelid using my ring finger.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow, I applied the middle color from the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose Gold on my eyelid to add extra shimmer.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied the darkest rose gold shimmer from the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Rose Gold on the crease.
4. Using a small shader brush, I applied L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe on the outer V.
5. I applied the same rose color on step no. 2 on the lower lid, and then L’oreal Bronzed Taupe on the outer half of the lower lid.
6. Using MUFE aqua cream shadow no. 11 on the waterline just to add the extra gold in it. Of course you do not have to use gold for this. You can use black, beige, white, or anything you want!
7. I created a winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner on the upper lash line.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia brow wiz in Brunette.
9. I curled my lashes and applied mascara, as well as Ardell no. 109 false eyelashes on the upper lashes. I also applied mascara on the lower lashes.
10. For the face, I applied L’oreal Lumi Magique foundation in W4 all over my face using CoverFX foundation brush.
11. Under my eyes, I applied concealer in MAC Pro Conceal/Correct palette in Medium.
12. I powdered under my eyes using CoverFX translucent loose powder.
13. I applied MAC Dainty mineralized blush on my cheeks.
14. I also applied Diorskin Shimmer Star Amber Diamond on the bridge of my nose and on my cheekbones.
15. On the lips, I applied Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede in Socialite, and added a little bit of L’occitane Lip Balm (the one with olive in it).
I’ve recently bought Smashbox Full Exposure palette using my 20% discount from Sephora (yippie!). I’m pretty sure if you guys follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you would’ve seen the picture of the palette there.
Anyways, I’ll talk more about the palette in depth later on. I just have to say, this is an amazing palette! The shimmer side of this Smashbox Full Exposure Palette has beautiful glitters, which surprisingly stayed on the lid really well. Not to mention, the palette consists of nudes, greys, blacks and browns! Both in shimmer and matte! So much love!
This look is perfect for everything! If you want to wear it out on a date, skip the false lashes. It’s so perfect for the upcoming holiday (too early?), brides and any type of parties. It’s warm, not too smoky, not too light. Just enough shimmer, and I love the combination of different textures.
The rest of the face is kept quite minimal, with a tad more highlight to compensate for this winter weather. I used L’oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain to keep my lips moist.
1. I prepped my eyelid using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush (Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff C433), I applied Smashbox Full Exposure palette M2 eyeshadow slightly above my crease.
3. Then, using Sephora Bullet Crease 221 brush, I applied M1 on the outer V and on the crease.
4. I applied Smashbox Full Exposure palette M7 on the outer quarter of the lid using Crown Brush Round Crease.
5. I used the tip of the Round Crease Crown brush to apply Smashbox Full Exposure palette M1 eyeshadow on the lower lid. Then, I applied M7 just on the outer half of the lower lid.
6. Using Firm Shadow 157 Crown Brush, I applied S3 on the eyelid.
7. I created a winged liner along the upper lashline using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
8. I lined the outer half of my tightline using the black side of Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener in Carbon Cleopatra.
9. I applied Tarte Light, Camera and Lashes mascara, and also Eyeme false eyelashes (sample from a friend) on the upper lashes.
10. Using Red Sable Oval Crown Brush, I applied Smashbox Full Exposure palette M4 under the brows.
11. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash and Brunette.
12. I applied MUFE HD Elixir to prep my face.
13. Then, I applied MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC30 all over my face.
14. Under the eyes, I applied Giorgio Armani Master Corrector no. 2.
15. Then, I applied MAC Pro Conceal/Corrector in Medium under my eyes, and on my blemishes.
16. I powdered my face using CoverFX Translucent loose powder.
17. I applied MAC Shadowy as contour, MAC Cubic as blush, and Diorskin Shimmer Star Amber Diamond as highlighter.
18. On the lips, I applied L’oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Eternally Nude.