As Easter is approaching this weekend, and Carnival next weekend, I wanted to do a tutorial that incorporates super bright and really fun colors onto my makeup. This Colorful Carnival Makeup look is inspired by the ladies in Jamaica, who are unafraid to wear bright eyeshadows!
I used Sleek Makeup Ultra Matte Brights V1 for the eyeshadows since I really wanted to use matte eyeshadows for this look. If you do decide to use this palette for your makeup, I suggest that you use a white base (i.e. NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk) so the colors pop even more.
Scroll all the way down for products list.
1. I prepped my eyelid using NYX Jumbo Pencil Shadow in Milk on both upper and lower lid.
2. I applied Pucker in the middle of my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
3. Using the same brush, I applied Pout on the outer part of my eyelid.
4. Using a clean shader brush, I blended out the edge of Pucker and Pout to remove any harsh edge.
5. I applied Bammi on the inner corner of the eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. (Optional) I applied Sugarlite on my crease using a small shader brush. Optional step since the purple isn’t dark enough.
7. (Not in picture) I applied Floss on the crease using a blending brush as a transition color.
8. I lined my upper lash line with Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner. On my waterline, I applied L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. On the lower lid I used an angled eyebrow brush and applied Chill on the inner corner, Bolt in the middle, and Dragonfly on the outer part.
10. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girls Lash blast mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
11. I also applied Gwiyomi “Yuki” False Eyelashes (Indonesian store, check my Instagram if you want to buy).
12. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
14. Very lightly, I applied Cover FX cream foundation in G20 under my eyes. I set my base using CoverFX translucent powder.
15. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
16. I lined my lips using L’oreal Color Riche Lip Liner in Beyond Pink, and applied MAC Please Me Lipstick using a lip brush.
Eyes – NYX Jumbo Pencil Shadow in Milk; Sleek Makeup iDivine Ultra Matte V1 Brights; Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara; Gwiyomi “Yuki” false eyelashes; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
Face – CoverFX cream foundation in G40 (base) and G20 (under eyes); CoverFX translucent powder; MAC Dainty blush.
Lips – L’oreal Color Riche Lip Liner in Beyond Pink; MAC Please Me lipstick.