Hello, everyone! I hoped you guys had a great Valentine’s and Family day weekend, yes? I had quite a blast this weekend, so I do wish that all of you had an awesome time too! I just want to let you guys know that I might not be able to update my blog this week. I’ll be traveling again, and if you want to find out where’s my next destination, follow me on Instagram!
For today’s post, I want to show you how you can add color to your eye makeup. I’ve done a “pop of color” tutorials throughout my blog – using eyeliner, on the inner corner, or on the lower lid. This time, I added the color on the outer part of my eyelid. I think it’s cute, and different, totally unexpected! This look would be great for those who would like to try out colored eyeshadow, but doesn’t want to go full on colors with it.
For the neutral shades, I used my Smashbox Full Exposure palette, but obviously you can use any palettes you’d like. In addition, for the face makeup, I actually used it to do my Highlight, Blush, Contour (bacon) post. So, head over there to find out how I contour my face.
Scroll all the way to the bottom to find out which products I’ve used for this post – this is a new thing I’m trying to do, so you don’t have to read the step-by-step list to figure out what I’m using.
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream no. 13 on my eyelid using my finger. Then I buffed the cream eyeshadow out using a clean fluffy blending brush.
2. I applied M3 eyeshadow from Smashbox Full Exposure palette on my crease using a crease blending brush.
3. Using Sephora bullet crease brush, I applied M1 from Smashbox Full Exposure palette on the outer V, dragging it ever so slightly towards the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended out any harsh edge.
5. I applied S3 from Smashbox Full Exposure palette on my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush (I used UD eyeshadow brush), I applied Dragon Fly from Sleek Makeup Ultra Mattes V1 Brights next to M1. I patted this eyeshadow on the outer corner, carefully blending it towards S3.
7. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I applied M1 on the outer part of the lower lid, and S3 on the inner part.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I filled in my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz.
12. On my cheeks, I applied Maybelline Master Glaze in Make a Mauve.
13. I set my face using CoverFX Translucent Loose powder.
14. On my lips, I applied Clinique Chubby Stick lip pencil in Bountiful Blush.
Eyes – Smashbox Full Exposure Palette in M3 (crease), M1 (outer V), S3 (eyelid); Sleek Makeup Ultra Mattes V1 Bright (Dragonfly); L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Buxom Lash Mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette and Ash Blonde.
Face – Cover FX Cream foundation in G20, G40, N110; Maybelline Master Glaze in Make a Mauve; Cover FX Translucent Loose Powder; Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Pencil in Bountiful Blush.