As promised, here’s another look using ABH Modern Renaissance palette. This Soft Glam Day makeup is more on the wearable side, even though it can be a little bit glam if you are not used to wearing much makeup during the day. Read more below for pictorial and product info, and watch the tutorial!
This look today is one of my fav. summer makeup. It doesn’t matter where I am in the summer, somehow I always seem to resort back to this look. It’s very light and bright, and of course you can always eliminate some of the steps below to make it easier and to suit your own look. Most of the time, I only used the MAC Melon pigment on my lid with mascara, skipping the liner and the contour colors altogether.
Anyways, the 2nd look to this post used an orange lip liner. I don’t know where my orange lipstick is, so I only used the lip liner to fill my entire lip. Of course you can change the lips to whatever color you want, red, pink, or even nude. No rules, just fun playful makeup.
1. Using a synthetic brush, I dipped the brush in water and then dipped it in MAC Melon pigment. I mixed it at the back of my hand to turn it into a paste form and applied this paste to my lid, and on the inner corner of the lower lid.
2. Using a shader brush, I applied MAC Bronze eyeshadow on the outer V and on the crease. I used whatever left on the brush and ran it through the lower lid.
3. Using a clean fluffy brush, I blended the crease to remove any harsh edge.
4. I applied Smashbox Deep Golden Brown on the outer corner, blending it inwards. I focused most of the color on the outer V of the lid.
5. Using whatever left on the brush, I applied it on the lower lid.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush and MUFE Aqua Black, I created a winged liner along the upper lash line.
7. I lined my waterline using whatever product remained on the brush from step 6.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 brow pencil.
10. I applied UD Naked foundation all over my face using a foundation brush.
11. I contoured my face using MAC Studio Tech in NW 55. (If you want to know how I contour my face, check out this post for powder contouring or here for cream contouring)
12. I applied MAC Peaches blush on the cheeks.
13a. For the lips, I applied YSL Pur Couture rouge no. 17 using a lip brush.
13b. For the orange lips, I lined and filled my lips using MAC Entertain Me lipliner.
This week is like my non-colorful week! Today’s look used Urban Decay Naked Palette, and it’s perfect for daytime and bridal makeup. It’s packed with bronze goodness. The colors are perfect for every eye-colors and skintones. Very flattering, very warm and it’s really easy to achieve this look.
I love wearing this look for the summer. It might look like it’s a lot, but once you complete the face, the eyes look pretty natural looking. It really do brighten up the face too. This is my fav. way of wearing bronze eyeshadow. You can immediately turn this makeup to a night look just by adding black liner along the upper lashline and waterline, turning it into a smoky look.
1. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied UD Half-Baked all over the lid.
2. Using a flat fluffy brush, I applied UD Buck lightly on the crease and the outer V.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied a mixture of UD Smog + Snakebite on the outer half of the lid, blending in towards Half-Baked.
4. I applied UD Half-Baked on the inner corner of the lower lid, and UD Smog + Snakebite on the outer half using a small shader brush.
5. I created a winged liner along my upper lashline using Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink cream liner.
6. Using whatever is left on the brush, I applied the liner along the outer corner of the lower lid.
7. I curled my lashes and applied MUFE Smoky Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I filled my brows in using MUFE Aqua Brow.
9. For my face, I applied Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer.
10. I applied Benefit Dallas on my temples, the tip of my nose, my chin and my cheeks.
11. I also applied MAC Peaches on the cheeks.
I wanted to do a pretty makeup, something that will be good for brides, or prom goers, or just for anyone who wants an extra something something..bahahahaha..anyways! I love how it ended up and I think this look is perfect for brides, if they don’t want anything too smoky.
Anyways, I love how I’ve been using UD Naked palette more lately. I think I might do more tutorials using the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. Also, how do you like my brows? I managed to fix it today. Lately, I’ve played around with the MUFE Aqua Brow gel and I have to say, I’m loving it! More on that later on during the week.
1. I applied UD Sin eyeshadow all over the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. On the crease, I applied UD Buck eyeshadow using a small blending brush.
3. Using the same brush, I applied MAC Brun on the outer V.
4. I clean the edge of the crease using a clean blending brush.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied Sin on the inner corner of the lower lid and MAC Brun on the outer corner.
6. I created a winged liner along the upper lashline using MUFE Aqua Black gel liner and an angled eyeliner brush.
7. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. For my lashes, I applied MUFE Smoky Lash mascara on both top and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using MUFE Aqua Brow.
10. For the face, I applied UD Naked foundation using a foundation brush.
11. Under the eyes, I applied MAC Pro Conceal/Correct concealer in Medium.
12. I applied MAC Shadowy as a light contour and then MAC Cubic on my cheeks as blush.
13. For the lips, I filled it in using MAC Dervish lipliner.
Today’s look is more on the softer, romantic, feminine colors. This look is great for first date, or for whoever wants a more natural look. Will work great on brides as well!
I also wanted my eyes to look bright and open, so I skipped the black liner on the waterline. Instead, I opted for a beige eyeliner. If you prefer a more darker version to this, feel free to substitute the dark shadow and eyeliner to black.
For this look, the focus is on the overall appearance. Nothing stands out too much, yet the whole look feels right and if done correctly, people will notice a subtle difference in your face but cannot put their finger why you look so great 😉
FYI, if you’d like to know how I contour, highlight and apply my blush come check the blog out tomorrow 😉
1. I applied Bobbi Brown Rose Gold cream shadow all over the lid using my ring finger.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Toasted eyeshadow on top of the base.
3. Using the same flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Busted eyeshadow on the outer V of the eyes.
4. I used a clean blending brush to blend the edge of UD Busted eyeshadow.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied UD Toasted on the inner half of the lower lid and UD Busted on the outer half of the lower lid.
6. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner in NC30.
7. I created a slight winged liner along my upper lashline using UD Blackout eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
8. I used whatever was left on the eyeliner brush to line the outer half my lower lash line (very close to the lashes).
9. I filled my brows in using Shu Uemura brow pencil.
10. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Double Extender Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
11. I applied my face powder right underneath the brows.
12. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation using a foundation brush.
13. Under the eyes, I applied YSL Touche Eclat.
14. For the contour, I applied MAC Shadowy.
15. On the cheeks, I applied Benefit Hervana blush.
16. On the lips, I applied YSL no. 17 lipstick lightly using a lip brush.