My love for OCC lip tars grows stronger every day! I’ve never been the “lipstick” kinda gal but I have a certain fondness for anything red lips. So, I’ve another version of the red lips look using OCC lip tars in Stalker. In this tutorial, I’m using OCC lip tars in Vintage. Stalker is blue red, while Vintage is burgundy red.
I bought mine from Sephora Eaton Center in Toronto. It comes in a small pouch with a small lip brush (I’ll do swatches and all that jazz on my next post).
For the look, the eyes are kept to a bare minimum and I skipped the winged liner. The face is dewy with a little contour. I love how the look turned out. The look is wearable for party or a night-out, or even bridal makeup!
Make sure to re-check the blush after you complete the lips. Since the lip color is quite strong, you might need to add more blush so your face don’t look wash-out.
1. I applied L’oreal Magic Lumi foundation with my fingers. I applied it on the center of my face, blending it outwards.
2. I applied Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach under my eyes, tapping it using my ring finger.
3. I applied L’oreal Magic Touche Concealer on my blemishes and under my eyes.
4. I powdered my T-zone with Cinema Secret loose powder and a tapered face brush.
5. For the eyes, I applied the light brown eyeshadow from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm quad eyeshadow with a flat eyeshadow brush, and blended the crease using a clean blending brush.
6. I applied the dark brown eyeshadow from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm along my upper lash line and lower lash line using an angled brush.
7. I used a clean blending brush and applied the highlighter color from L’oreal Paris Good Luck Charm quad under the brow.
8. Using whatever is left on the brush, I applied the highlighter color on the inner corner of my eyelid.
9. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Telescopic Shocking Extension mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I filled my brows using an angled brush and a mix of MAC Omega + MAC Brun.
11. Using a face fan brush, I applied Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Stardust on the cheekbones.
12. Using the same fan brush, I applied MAC Sculpting Powder in Shadowy on the hollows of the cheeks.
13. Using a blush brush, I applied a mixture of MAC Cubic and MAC Fleur Powder on the cheeks.
14. Using the lip brush that comes with the OCC Lip Tar, I applied OCC Vintage lip tar on my lips.
- I applied a thin layer at first on the center of the lips.
- Using whatever is on the brush, I traced the outline of my lips to make sure I like the shape.
- I applied another thin layer to complete the look.