About time I did a really dark smoky eyes tutorial, eh? Today’s post is a really dark UD Naked 3 smoky eyes tutorial on my Youtube channel. Have you guys subscribe yet? If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Go to my Youtube channel and subscribe now!
I’ve realized that there’re a lot of people who land in my blog looking for an UD Naked 3 tutorial. So, here’s my Party Makeup look using UD Naked 3. This look is not too smoky, but if you’re looking for a smoky using this palette, you can check out my UD Naked 3 smoky eyes video tutorial, and other UD Naked 3 tutorials. I’ve also done an UD Naked 3 review, so if you’re thinking of buying this palette for yourself or as a gift, do read the review first.
I’m using a new camera for this tutorial, and I’m not sure how this pictorial looks on your screen, I hope you can see the colors as I see it on my screen. It’s a very nice mauve shade, and it looks very feminine and soft.
Anyways, for my face, I used a new foundation I recently bought. I think I’m really liking this foundation, it’s the Chanel Perfection Velvet Lumiere. Anyways, will have a line up of reviews coming up soon. I’m trying to push all the makeup tutorials first since it’s almost Christmas and New Year, so reviews will be up in January probably.
One thing regarding this tutorial is that I only used 1 brush, which is the brush that came with the palette. All I did to keep the brush clean between application is to run it through a black stippling sponge (similar to the Vera Mona Color Switch).
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti-Aging”
- Base – UD Naked 3 “Strange”
- Crease – UD Naked 3 “Nooner”
- Outer V – UD Naked 3 “Blackheart”
- Middle lid – UD Naked 3 “Liar”
- Inner lid – UD Naked 3 “Burnout” mixed with “Buzz”
- Lower lash line – UD Naked 3 “Liar”; UD Naked 3 “Blackheart” (outer half)
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic pencil “NW25/NC30”
- Winged liner – Kat Von D Tattoo liner “Trooper”
- Brows – The Balm Balmsai palette “Woodie”
- Lashes – Esqido Lashes “Oh So Sweet”
- Primer – The BodyShop “Drops of Youth Wonderblur”
- Foundation – Chanel “Perfection Velvet Lumiere #30”
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Cream Concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Blush – Chanel “Blush de Horizon”
- Highlighter – The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer”
- Lip pencil – Annabelle lip pencil “Natural Rose”
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk lipstick “Nude Pink”
I’m sure you guys are getting tired of my UD Naked 3 obsession, but I have to share this look with you just to show how versatile this palette is. Today tutorial, I’m using UD Naked 3 to create a soft romantic makeup which can be used for daily makeup, date makeup, and even bridal makeup.
This look is very pretty and natural looking. The eyes are made to look brighter and bigger looking, while the rest of the face is kept fresh and slightly flushed. I also skip the glossy lips, and opt for a natural looking lip color. Everything about this makeup is about keeping everything to the minimal.
My eyes are prepped using UD Primer Potion, and my face is prepped using Smashbox foundation primer.
1. I applied Trick all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using another clean flat eyeshadow brush, I patted Factory on the outer third of my eyes.
3. I removed excess from the flat eyeshadow brush I used on step 2, and blended Factory towards the center part of the eyes.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Nooner on the crease.
5. I applied Factory along the lower lash line using an angled eyeliner brush.
6. I also applied Dust on the inner corner of the lower lash line using an angled eyeliner brush.
7. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic pencil eyeliner in NC 15.
8. On my upper lash line, I created a winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Great Lash mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I added false eyelashes on the upper lashes to make my eyes appear open and larger.
11. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in a mix of Ash Blonde and Brunette.
12. On my face, I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation and blended it using my fingers.
13. I lightly contoured my face using MAC Shadowy powder.
14. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Well Dressed blush.
15. I added Smashbox Halo wand highlighter in Gold as highlighter.
16. On my lips, I applied Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite.
I think I’ve made my obsession with UD Naked 3 palette pretty clear – I’m in love with it! The colors are wonderful, the pigments are so easy to blend, the double-ended brush is pretty amazing. What’s not to love?! So, to show another appreciation for this palette, I’ve decided to do
another the third Rose Smoky Eyes tutorial. This look is far more intense and darker than the first rose smokey eyes that I did. I also think this one is prettier than the 2nd smoky eyes that I did with Naked 3. If you prefer a more natural looking one, I do have a post for you in my Berry Lips post.
This look is perfect for those who’re not afraid to play with the darker color, and already feel comfortable with blending. You can make it even darker and more intense if you’d like by adding a matte black eyeshadow (i.e. MAC Carbon) on the outer V. I like doing it this way since I want to showcase the Rose eyeshadow.
I know I’ve said I was going to do a review, I’ll try to do it soon. It’s just so cold in Canada right now, it caused me to go on hibernation mode..hahaha..In all seriousness, though, -40 deg. Celsius is not a joke!
1. I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
2. I applied Burnout on the inner third of my eyelid using the flat-end of the brush.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 3)
3. Using the same brush, I applied Liar on the middle of the eyelid.
(I wiped away excess shadow on the brush on a clean towel before step 4 )
4. Again, using the same brush, I applied Mugshot on the outer third of my eyelid.
5. Using the blending-end of the brush, I blended the edge of the eyeshadow.
6. I applied Blackheart using a small crease brush on the outer V.
7. After wiping excess eyeshadow from the crease brush I used on step 6, I dragged Blackheart on to my crease, and blended it out.
8. Using a fluffy brush, I applied Limit right at the edge where Blackheart meets with my skin. This helps to blend out Blackheart, and make a nice transition to my skin.
9. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. On the lower lid, I applied Mugshot using an angled eyeliner brush, then Blackheart very close to the roots of the lower lashes.
10. Then, I created a winged eyeliner on the upper lash line using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
11. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom Lash mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
12. For extra drama, I added false lashes for extra length and volume. These falsies were samples from my friend, which is currently in production.
13. I filled my brows using a mix of Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
14. I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation on my face, blending it using my fingers.
15. On my cheeks, I applied Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed Enchantment using a foundation brush.
16. Then, I applied MAC cream base in Pearl on top of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, and cupid’s bow using my finger.
17. I applied MAC Please Me lipstick on my lips using a lip brush. Then, I added a little bit of L’occitane lip balm just to keep my lips moist since it’s so cold here in Canada!!!
18. My hair was set using a velcro rollers set and 1.5in Chi curling iron.
Happy New Year 2014, everyone! I hope this year would be an even greater and much more awesome year than 2013! I wanted to post this Berry Lips look since I wore it for NYE, and I think it’ll be a good tutorial to start of 2014. This look is very simple and easy, and no matter where you are you can definitely wear it. I added a little touch of glitter on the eyes for an extra playfulness, after all glitter is so fabulous!
For my eyes, I used UD Naked 3, which as you all know, has been my fav.! I’ve done 2 other tutorials prior to this post using Naked 3 in Rose Smoky Eyes and UD Naked 3 look #2. The other 2 geared more on the smoky side, while on this one it’s more natural looking.
For the berry lips, I decided to skip my usual red, pink, and burgundy. Instead, I decided to wear a berry lip stain to keep my lips moisturized and not having to worry about having to touch up throughout the night, or stain anything. It was low maintenance, and I just love how the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain keep my lips moist without feeling sticky.
1. I prepped my lids by applying UD Primer Potion, and then applied Dust from UD Naked 3 with a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Nooner from UD Naked 3.
3. I ran Nooner along the lower lash line using a small shader brush. I also applied Dust on my tear duct.
4. I created a winged liner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
5. I lined my lower lash line, very close to the lashes, using Crave from UD Naked Basics.
6. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. (you can use beige or white if you prefer)
7. I curled my lashes and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both upper and lower lashes. I also added falsies for fun.
9. Using a dry synthetic brush, I applied white glitter on my eyelid for extra shine. If you want to pack the glitter on like in my Glitter Holiday Makeup, use a wet damp brush.
10. On my face, I used Giorgio Armani Foundation. I applied it using a foundation brush.
11. I contoured my face using Smashbox Contour palette.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty.
13. On my lips, I applied Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten. I dabbed excess off using my ring finger.