This look today is one of my fav. summer makeup. It doesn’t matter where I am in the summer, somehow I always seem to resort back to this look. It’s very light and bright, and of course you can always eliminate some of the steps below to make it easier and to suit your own look. Most of the time, I only used the MAC Melon pigment on my lid with mascara, skipping the liner and the contour colors altogether.
Anyways, the 2nd look to this post used an orange lip liner. I don’t know where my orange lipstick is, so I only used the lip liner to fill my entire lip. Of course you can change the lips to whatever color you want, red, pink, or even nude. No rules, just fun playful makeup.
1. Using a synthetic brush, I dipped the brush in water and then dipped it in MAC Melon pigment. I mixed it at the back of my hand to turn it into a paste form and applied this paste to my lid, and on the inner corner of the lower lid.
2. Using a shader brush, I applied MAC Bronze eyeshadow on the outer V and on the crease. I used whatever left on the brush and ran it through the lower lid.
3. Using a clean fluffy brush, I blended the crease to remove any harsh edge.
4. I applied Smashbox Deep Golden Brown on the outer corner, blending it inwards. I focused most of the color on the outer V of the lid.
5. Using whatever left on the brush, I applied it on the lower lid.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush and MUFE Aqua Black, I created a winged liner along the upper lash line.
7. I lined my waterline using whatever product remained on the brush from step 6.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9 brow pencil.
10. I applied UD Naked foundation all over my face using a foundation brush.
11. I contoured my face using MAC Studio Tech in NW 55. (If you want to know how I contour my face, check out this post for powder contouring or here for cream contouring)
12. I applied MAC Peaches blush on the cheeks.
13a. For the lips, I applied YSL Pur Couture rouge no. 17 using a lip brush.
13b. For the orange lips, I lined and filled my lips using MAC Entertain Me lipliner.