About time I did a really dark smoky eyes tutorial, eh? Today’s post is a really dark UD Naked 3 smoky eyes tutorial on my Youtube channel. Have you guys subscribe yet? If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Go to my Youtube channel and subscribe now!
I am back! Sorry for missing for a week, guys! I’m actually in Canada right now, so I had to deal with jet lag and weather change, actually I got sick for a while due to the change in weather. Anyways, I did a tutorial before I left, but didn’t have the chance to post it. Here’s another Kat Von D Monarch Palette tutorial! If you don’t already know, this palette is like my favorite! I have done other tutorials using the same palette, but this is like the smokiest of them all! I think I might go grab some more Kat Von D products, any recommendation?
Also, I received a few products from L’oreal Paris Indonesia, which I’ll share with you guys on the next post. Out of all the products, I was only able to bring the lipsticks with me. One of the lipsticks was the JLo signature lip color, which I used on this tutorial. I don’t love how it ends up, I think it’s too pale, I prefer a bit more color on my lips. Nevertheless, I thought I wanted to share with you guys how it looks. I’m not a big fan of super pale nude lips, so this is definitely not my favorite lipstick.
Anyways, let’s get on the pictorials. All products listed below! Don’t forget to check out my other Kat Von D Monarch palette looks!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
- Eyeshadow – Kat Von D Monarch Palette (base: Entomology, crease/lower lash line: Wrath, outer V: Shadow Box, eyelid/lower lash line: Deadhead)
- Eyeliner/waterline/tightline – L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Mascara – Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette
- Foundation – Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
- Corrector – Bobbi Brown Peach corrector
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer
- Powder – NARS Setting powder
- Bronzer – Chanel Universal bronzer
- Cheeks – Benefit Hervana
- Highlighter – The Balm Mary Lou Manizer
- Lipstick – L’oreal Collection Star JLo Barely Greige
Alright! So, I’ve been wanting to do another tutorial using Sleek Makeup Showstoppers palette (if you are in Southeast Asia region, you can buy it from Luxola). I wanted to use the coral shade since it’s so pretty! I’ve done another tutorial using the same palette in my Smoky Purple post.
Oh also, I’ve done some research regarding the names of the eyeshadows in this palette. Apparently, there was a misprint on the labels that came inside this palette. The correct names for each shade is as the picture below. Thanks to Gloria from Beautiful with Brains for clarifying it on her blog!
Please note that on picture in the bottom left corner, my eyeliner might look weird but I can assure you it is not. It’s because the camera couldn’t focus on my eyelashes, which is so frustrating! Anyways, I might have to invest in a better lens.
Anyways, my eyelids are prep using Smashbox eyelid primer.
1. I applied Oh So Special all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Sunset above my crease.
3. I packed on Noir on the outer V using an angled eyeshadow brush. Lightly, I dragged Noir on to my crease.
4. Using another clean blending brush, I blended Noir out using a small circular motion.
5. I applied Noir using an angled eyebrow brush on the outer half of my lower lash line. I also applied Sunset on the lower lash line on the inner half.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied Storm on the inner corner of my eyes.
7. I also created a winged eyeliner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
8. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, and applied false eyelashes.
10. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
11. On my face, I applied Smashbox Halo foundation using Sigma Round Kabuki brush.
12. I concealed my under eyes using MUFE Concealer palette no. 3 – the salmon colored shade.
13. I applied contour on my nose and under my cheeks using L’oreal Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer in W6-7-8. I blended it out using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
13. On my cheeks, I applied Maybelline Face Studio Master Glaze in Make a Mauve, blending it out using my finger.
14. I set my face using MUFE Pro finish powder.
15. I applied Revlon Mauve It Over matte lipstick on my lips.
I’ve bought several Sleek Makeup iDivine palettes back when I was in Jakarta from Luxola website. I love the iDivine palettes, and have used some of the palettes regularly for my makeup job. Today, I want to showcase the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers palette since I haven’t do a tutorial using this palette yet.
I’ll try to do a review and swatches of the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers next time. I love the combination of sparkles, matte and shimmers in this palette. For today’s tutorial, I wanted to use some colors since I’ve been doing quite an earthy, brown, neutrals on my previous tutorials.
I’ve done a similar tutorial like this one using a more wearable color in my Pearlescent post. I love having the highlight in the center of the lid. It looks so gorgeous when you blink. You can obviously do this tutorial with any colors you like. I’ll try to do another tutorial using another color, something more wearable.
Anyways, let’s get to the tutorial!
1. I applied Sparkle from Sleek Makeup Showstoppers palette on the outer corner, and the inner corner of my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush. I also applied the eyeshadow on the crease as well. Leave the center of the lid empty.
2. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Bad Girl eyeshadow from Sleek Makeup Showstoppers on the center of my eyelid.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I picked Oh So Special from the Showstoppers palette and applied it to the crease. Do it very lightly at first, and add more color if needed.
4. Using the flat eyeshadow from step 2, I blended out Bad Girl eyeshadow. Do not add anymore eyeshadow at this time. Just use whatever is left on the brush.
5. Using a small angled eyebrow brush, I applied Sparkle on the lower lid.
6. I created a cat eyeliner on the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
7. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I filled in my eyebrows using Anastasia Duo Brow Powder, and an angled eyeliner brush.
9. I applied L’oreal Carbon black mascara on both upper and lower lashes, then I applied false eyelashes (haphazardly because I was rushing…sorry).
10. I applied MUFE HD Foundation in 118 all over my face.
11. I applied Blush Horizon de Chanel on my cheeks.
12. On the lips, I applied MAC Whirl lip liner and then Revlon Socialite lipstick on top.
Another smoky tutorial! This time, I wanted to show you guys another way of doing a smoky eye. This look highlights the center of the eyelid, instead of the usual highlight on the inner corner. I like doing this smoky eyes more than the other ones since I find that the eyes catch the light when you blink or look down. It’s something different than the classic sooty, dark grey smoky eyes. Obviously, you can do this with any color. I’ve done this type of look using cranberry and blue eyeshadow in my Peek a Blue post.
1. Using a synthetic art brush, I applied Smashbox Stone cream eyeshadow on the inner and outer corner of the eyes, leaving the center part of the lid bare.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Dark Horse eyeshadow on top of the cream eyeshadow. Again, leave the middle part of the lid empty.
3. Using another clean synthetic art brush, I applied Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Emerveille in the middle of the lid.
4. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Sidecar eyeshadow on top of Chanel Emerveille cream shadow.
5. Using a clean small fluffy brush, I blended the edges where the dark and the light eyeshadow meet.
6. I applied UD Darkhorse on the outer half of the lower lid and UD Sidecar on the inner half.
7. I lined my waterline, tightline and upper lashline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Express Volume Turbo boost mascara on my lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using Shu Uemura brow pencil.
10. On my face, I applied MUFE HD foundation in 118 all over using IPKN Auto Wave makeup.
11. I contoured my cheeks using MAC Shadowy.
12. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Peaches blush.
13. On the lips I applied Chanel Confidentielle lipstick.
Today’s look is more on the softer, romantic, feminine colors. This look is great for first date, or for whoever wants a more natural look. Will work great on brides as well!
I also wanted my eyes to look bright and open, so I skipped the black liner on the waterline. Instead, I opted for a beige eyeliner. If you prefer a more darker version to this, feel free to substitute the dark shadow and eyeliner to black.
For this look, the focus is on the overall appearance. Nothing stands out too much, yet the whole look feels right and if done correctly, people will notice a subtle difference in your face but cannot put their finger why you look so great 😉
FYI, if you’d like to know how I contour, highlight and apply my blush come check the blog out tomorrow 😉
1. I applied Bobbi Brown Rose Gold cream shadow all over the lid using my ring finger.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Toasted eyeshadow on top of the base.
3. Using the same flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Urban Decay Busted eyeshadow on the outer V of the eyes.
4. I used a clean blending brush to blend the edge of UD Busted eyeshadow.
5. Using a small shader brush, I applied UD Toasted on the inner half of the lower lid and UD Busted on the outer half of the lower lid.
6. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner in NC30.
7. I created a slight winged liner along my upper lashline using UD Blackout eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
8. I used whatever was left on the eyeliner brush to line the outer half my lower lash line (very close to the lashes).
9. I filled my brows in using Shu Uemura brow pencil.
10. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Double Extender Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
11. I applied my face powder right underneath the brows.
12. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation using a foundation brush.
13. Under the eyes, I applied YSL Touche Eclat.
14. For the contour, I applied MAC Shadowy.
15. On the cheeks, I applied Benefit Hervana blush.
16. On the lips, I applied YSL no. 17 lipstick lightly using a lip brush.