As you all know from my Twitter, I’ve been looking forward to use my M.A.C Russian Red lipstick again. I know, I know, it seems like this week is a MAC week. Well, can’t be helped, I’m trying to fall in love with MAC again! Afterall, MAC was one of the reasons why I went into makeup in the first place.
So, talking about MAC Russian Red, this is the best true-red lipstick. If you want a cooler red, you can try MAC Ruby Woo instead. I also love how this lipstick has a matte finish to it. I’m not a big fan of shiny or glossy lips, so I love how even though this lipstick has a matte finish, it is not drying. It also helps if you prep your lips before application to ensure your lips aren’t chapped.
I purchased this Chanel quads in Intuition in February and didn’t have the chance to play with it, so I had to use it for this look. I love how soft and pretty the eyes look. If you are looking for a neutral, day makeup, do try the eye-look and you can skip the red lipstick.
I’ve done a similar look in Battle of the Classics.
1. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the gold eyeshadow from the Chanel Intuition quad.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied the deep brown shade from the same quad on my outer V and on the crease. I used whatever was left on the brush and swept it along the lower lash line.
3. I blended out the crease using a clean fluffy brush.
4. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I created a winged liner along the upper lashline.
5. I applied MAC Chromagraphic liner in NC30 on my tightline.
6. Using a small flat shader brush, I applied the pink highlighter shade from Chanel Intuition quad on the inner corner of the lower lid and under the brow.
7. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Volume Express mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I filled my brows in using MUFE Aqua Brow Gel.
9. For extra drama, I applied Quo false eyelashes.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation using a foundation brush.
11. Using whatever was left on the brush, I swept it across my lips.
12. I lined and filled my lips using MAC Redd lip pencil.
13. Using a lip brush, I applied MAC Russian Red on my lips.
14. I powdered my face using a loose translucent powder.