If you want to stand out in a party (or wedding, or prom or anything really), perhaps you’d want to give a bold lips look a try. Today’s tutorial definitely packed a punch of color! I kept the eyes on the low-key to make it wearable during the day. If you like it more intense, you can definitely make it darker, or applied the liner using liquid or gel liner.
It’s really quite a chic look for modern brides! For those who do not want to go with the classic look, and looking for something different, definitely give this a try.
In this tutorial, I used Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Queen. It is described on their website as bright coral pink, but I feel that it’s leaning more towards neon pink. It doesn’t have enough peach in it to make it as coral, I think. Of course, that’s just my opinion.
I’ve done swatches on my lip tars collection and also for the other lip tars tutorial, you can find it here –> Stalker Red, Vintage Red and Marylin Inspired. I’ve also done a fuschia lips and blue eyeliner in Colour Splash if you want a more colorful look.
Anyhow! Let’s get right into the tutorial!
1. I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation all over my face using Tarte face foundation brush.
2. To prep my lips, I applied Blistex lip balm.
3. I filled in my brows using Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette and an angled eyebrow brush.
4. Under the brows, I applied Anastasia highlight brow powder using a flat eyeshadow brush.
5. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Sweet Satisfaction all over the lid.
6. Using Urban Decay blending brush, I applied Urban Decay Smog eyeshadow on the crease.
7. I created a winged liner using Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
8. Using MAC 239 brush, I blended the edge of the eyeliner slightly.
9. I also applied Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow along the lower lashline and used MAC 239 brush to blend it. On the inner corner, I applied MAC Sweet Satisfaction using a clean eyeliner brush.
10. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
11. For the lips, I remove the remaining of the lip balm. Then, I filled my lips using OCC Queen Lip Tar using a lip brush.
12. I blotted my lips twice using a kleenex to remove the excess lip tar.
13. I applied MAC Fleur Power + MAC Well-Dressed mixture on the cheeks.