This tutorial is part of my Winter Makeup post for Lipstick and Muffin Media. Watch the tutorial or read more below.
Hello, everyone! How are you guys doing? I am back! Super busy at work, haven’t have the time to take a breather yet. Anyways, I’ve been trying to post 2 tutorials/review up every week, so since this Classic Red Lips makeup would be the first one for this week, hopefully I can squeeze another tutorial (perhaps a Halloween tutorial), or a product review by Sunday. I do have a few products lined up to be reviewed, and also a few more Halloween looks before the 31st.
Anyways, for this tutorial, I actually wore this look out for my friend’s wedding on Sunday. I’m sure you’ve seen what I wore with this makeup over on Instagram! Anyways, I used mostly newly bought products – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nudes & Mary-Lou highlighter, Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (smells heavenly), along with Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner & Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited Diva Red lipstick.
If you are of an Asian descent and looking for the perfect red lipstick, you might want to check out Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red. It’s a really pretty red lipstick with a warm (orange) undertone, which will compliments nicely the yellow undertone in our skin. If you prefer a cooler (blue) undertone red lipstick, check out MAC Russian Red.
Anyways, let’s get on the tutorial!
1. I prepped my eyelid using Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then, I applied Matt Singh from The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette on my crease blending it upwards towards the brow bone.
2. I layered in Matt Rossen, again from The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude palette, on top of Matt Singh. This time, I focused most of the color on the outer part of the crease, blending the color inwards.
3. To add an extra depth, I applied Matt Wood right on the crease. The color was concentrated on the outer part of the crease, and blended inwards.
4. I applied MAC Carbon just on the outer V of the eyelid.
5. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Marzipan from Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye palette on my eyelid.
6. I lightly applied MAC Carbon on my lower lash line and blended it out using a pencil brush.
7. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner, and applied a thick winged liner using Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe.
9. I applied Lavie Lash false eyelashes in Bluebell.
10. On my face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation.
11. I also applied MUFE HD concealer under my eyes.
12. I set my base using Cover FX translucent powder.
13. I very lightly applied The Balm Mary Lou highlighter on the bridge of my nose, cupid’s bow and cheek bones.
14. I lightly contoured my face using Smashbox Contour Kit – sides of my nose, temples, jawline and hollows of the cheeks.
15. For the cheeks, I applied Smashbox Halo blush in In Bloom.
16. On my lips, I applied Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red straight from the tube. I did this because I was pressed for time, and I have the lipstick on my clutch for the night, so I can easily touch it up. However, if you want a long lasting lipstick with very little need to touch up, please check out my How-to apply Red lipstick tutorial!
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original); The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude (crease: Matt Singh, Matt Rosen, Matte Wood); MAC Carbon (outer v); Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye palette (eyelid: Marzipan); Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Anastasia Brow Wiz (Taupe); Lavie Lash (Bluebell).
Face – MUFE HD foundation; MUFE HD concealer; The Balm Mary-Lou highlighter; Smashbox contour kit; Smashbox In Bloom blush; Cover FX translucent powder.
Lips – Shu Uemura Dear Matte Rouge Unlimited lipstick in Diva Red.
My friend, Elfa, and I went to Tex Saverio Trunk Show last week (photos on instagram). I did Elfa’s makeup, she wanted smoky eyes with red lips, and I actually loved how she looked. So, today I decided to recreate the makeup she wore, but twist it to suit me. I also wanted to use my the Original Viva Glam lipstick (MAC Viva Glam 1), so that look was perfect!
For the eyes, I decided to use my Sleek Makeup iDivine Storm palette since I wanted to do a warmer, coppery smoky eyes. I really seem to like a warmer, redder shades lately. Anyways, if you’re in Southeast Asia and want to purchase Sleek Makeup, you can do so with Luxola. Since this palette doesn’t have the names of each eyeshadow, I decided to number them for this post.
Eyes are prepped using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
1. I applied no. 1 on the center of my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using the same flat eyeshadow brush, I applied no. 2 all over the eyelid.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I blended out the edge all the way to above the crease using shade no. 3
4. I applied no. 4 just on the outer V using a small crease brush.
5. Using a clean blending brush, I applied shade no. 5 under the brows.
6. I applied shade no. 2 along the lower lash line, and no. 6 just on the outer half using a small shader brush.
7. I lined my upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner, and on the waterline I used L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I applied a golden eyeshadow (above shade no. 3 – I forgot to add it) just on the inner corner of the eyes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash and Brunette. Also added Gwiyomi false eyelashes no. 18.
10. I applied Dior Star foundation on my face using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
11. I highlight and contour my face using Motives Fire sculpting palette. (Will do a highlight/contour tutorial using this palette soon).
12. I set my face using Cover FX translucent setting powder.
13. I added extra highlight using MAC Soft and Gentle highlighter powder. Then, I applied Smashbox Halo Blush in In Bloom.
14. On my lips, I applied MAC Viva Glam 1 straight from the tube.
Hi ya’ll!!!! As the holiday is fast approaching, I want to do at least 1 red lips tutorial before Christmas comes around. This is such easy red lips holiday makeup look! The eyes are very simple, and the lips are in a shade of a beautiful red. Not too bright, not too dark. This is a very nice makeup for brides who are going for the red lips look.
I added an extra touch of false eyelashes just because I want the eyes to look even bigger and more dolled-up. After all, it is a holiday makeup!
if you want to find out how I apply and create long-lasting lips, please check my “How-to apply [red] lipstick” tutorial. On the full-face picture, the lips look a bit bright, but that’s because of the light that I use for this tutorial. The lips are actually slightly darker than the picture. It’s a very nice warm brown-red.
1. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow all over my eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using another clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Woodwinked on the center of the lid.
3. I applied MAC Patina eyeshadow on the outer half of my lower lid, and MAC Woodwinked on the inner half using an angled eyeliner brush.
4. I created a very small feline flick using a black eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
5. Using the same eyeshadow and brush as step 4, I lightly lined the outer corner of my lower lash line.
6. I applied MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner pencil in NC30 on the waterline.
7. I applied Anastasia Brow Duo Powder in Brunette on my eyebrows.
8. Next, I curled and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. Then, I applied Ardell false eyelashes in 109 on the upper lash line.
10. I applied L’oreal Magique Lumi foundation in W3 all over my face using CoverFX cream foundation brush.
11. Using a small concealer brush, I applied a very light coat of foundation on my lips.
12. Then, I lined and filled my lips using MAC Brick lip liner.
13. I also filled my lips using MAC Dare You lipstick using a rounded lip brush.
*for futher tutorial on how I make the lipstick last, please check my how-to apply [red] lipstick tutorial*
14. Using MUFE HD concealer, I concealed my dark under eyes.
15. I powdered my face using CoverFX translucent powder.
16. I slightly contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox contour/highlight trio palette.
17. I applied NARS Mata Hari blush on my cheeks.
18. My hair was set using Caruso Steam Rollers.
As you all know from my Twitter, I’ve been looking forward to use my M.A.C Russian Red lipstick again. I know, I know, it seems like this week is a MAC week. Well, can’t be helped, I’m trying to fall in love with MAC again! Afterall, MAC was one of the reasons why I went into makeup in the first place.
So, talking about MAC Russian Red, this is the best true-red lipstick. If you want a cooler red, you can try MAC Ruby Woo instead. I also love how this lipstick has a matte finish to it. I’m not a big fan of shiny or glossy lips, so I love how even though this lipstick has a matte finish, it is not drying. It also helps if you prep your lips before application to ensure your lips aren’t chapped.
I purchased this Chanel quads in Intuition in February and didn’t have the chance to play with it, so I had to use it for this look. I love how soft and pretty the eyes look. If you are looking for a neutral, day makeup, do try the eye-look and you can skip the red lipstick.
I’ve done a similar look in Battle of the Classics.
1. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied the gold eyeshadow from the Chanel Intuition quad.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied the deep brown shade from the same quad on my outer V and on the crease. I used whatever was left on the brush and swept it along the lower lash line.
3. I blended out the crease using a clean fluffy brush.
4. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I created a winged liner along the upper lashline.
5. I applied MAC Chromagraphic liner in NC30 on my tightline.
6. Using a small flat shader brush, I applied the pink highlighter shade from Chanel Intuition quad on the inner corner of the lower lid and under the brow.
7. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Volume Express mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I filled my brows in using MUFE Aqua Brow Gel.
9. For extra drama, I applied Quo false eyelashes.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation using a foundation brush.
11. Using whatever was left on the brush, I swept it across my lips.
12. I lined and filled my lips using MAC Redd lip pencil.
13. Using a lip brush, I applied MAC Russian Red on my lips.
14. I powdered my face using a loose translucent powder.