This is a requested look by one of my Twitter followers, @Cara_ev! She requested for a pink smoky look using black eyeshadow instead of brown. I’ve done something similar using peach eyeshadow in Smoking Peach, and mint in Smoky Mint, and silver in Silver Smoke…well you get the gist! All my smoky eyes tutorials are listed under Tutorials –> Smoky Eyes.
1. Using a synthetic art brush, I applied Maybelline Inked in Pink color tattoo all over my eyelid. You can substitute this with any cream base or eye primer of your choice.
2. Using Smashbox Bullet Brush, I applied Urban Decay Blackout eyeshadow (from Naked 2 palette) on the outer V.
3. Using a clean blending brush (emphasis on the CLEAN), I blended Blackout towards the center of the lid.
4. Repeat step 2-3 several times until you reach enough intensity from the black eyeshadow to your own liking.
5. I applied Blackout underneath the outer half of the lower lid using a small shader brush.
6. Using a clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Sweet Strawberry.
7. I applied L’oreal Sweet Strawberry infallible eyeshadow on the inner corner of the lower lid using an angled eyebrow brush.
8. Using Kate Sharp eyeliner, I created a winged liner along the upper lash line. You can skip this if you’d like.
9. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
10. I curled my lashes using Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
11. I applied Clinique lash building primer on top and lower lashes, and then applied Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost mascara on top of it.
12. I filled in my brows using Shu Uemura brow pencil. I applied MAC Brule under the brows.
13. On my face, I applied MUFE HD foundation no. 118 using a foundation brush starting from the center of my face blending it outwards.
14. I also applied MUFE HD concealer no. 335 under the eyes.
15. On the cheekbones and bridge of the nose, I applied MAC strobe cream using a clean foundation brush.
16. I also applied MAC mineralized skinfinish in deep as contour powder.
17. I applied MAC Cubic very lightly on the cheeks.
18. For the lips, I applied YSL Pur Couture rouge no. 17 using a lip brush.
For the hair, I applied hot rollers all over, and I straightened my hair using Chi hair straightener for the first photo. On the second photo, I curled my hair using curling irons (curling it all outwards), in big sections.