Priyanka Chopra Golden Globes makeup is absolutely stunning. She looks drop-dead gorgeous in her golden dress, her makeup and hair were on pointe, I just loved how she looked at the award show. I love it so much I knew I had to do a Priyanka Chopra Golden Globes Makeup Inspired Look. I talked more below regarding what her makeup artist used, and of course there’s a step-by-step pictorial accompanied this look below. So, read more below for more!
Today I’m doing a look inspired by The Huntsman Evil Queen makeup. Charlize Theron, the Evil Queen, looks so amazingly gorgeous and ever since I saw the trailer last year I knew I wanted to create a look based on her look. Find out below how I create the golden smoky eyes makeup that Charlize Theron wore for the movie poster. (I apologize if I mispronounce her name!)
I did promise to post an Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorial in my previous post, and here it is! I did this pretty quickly since I was testing several products all at once. It’s very simple and easy to do. I pretty much only used 2 brushes for the eyes – blending and flat eyeshadow brushes, and this is just my regular go-to eye makeup look.
I’ll be posting more Urban Decay Gwen Stefani tutorials, so if you have any requests, feel free to leave a comment below! As you know, Gwen Stefani is no stranger to bold makeup look, so for this tutorial, I’ve decided to pair the eyes with red lips. Gwen Stefani does wear a lot of red lipstick paired with bold winged liner. I did a winged liner, but not as bold as her since I don’t have the “real estate” (aka enough space) on my eyelids to do so.
Have you guys check out my UD x Gwen Stefani swatches and first impression yet?! You should!
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Anti Aging”
- Base – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Skimp”
- Transition –Urban Decay Gwen Stefani Stefani “Anaheim”
- Crease – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Zone”
- Outer V/Lower Lash line – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Punk”
- Eyelid – Urban Decay Gwen Stefani “Blonde”
- Waterline – MAC Chromagraphic eyeliner NC30
- Winged liner – Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner
- Mascara – NARS “Audicious” mascara
- Falsies – Ardell “Demi Wispies”
- Brows – Anastasia Brow Pomade “Medium Brown”
- Base – Bobbi Brown “Vitamin Enriched Face Base”
- Foundation – Shu Uemura Skin:Fit foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer “Custard”
- Setting powder – Laura Mercier “Invisible Loose Powder”
- Nose contour – Make Up Store “Smog” Micro Eyeshadow
- Blush – Eve Pearl “Bronzing Trio”
- Lip pencil – MAC “Brick” lip pencil
- Lipstick – MAC “Russian Red” lipstick
Today’s tutorial is Taylor Swift Bad Blood makeup from her music video. Her costars and herself have such great makeup on the videos, it was hard to pick. However, I decided to choose this look where she has a smoky cat eye with red lipstick. I think she looks drop dead gorgeous!
At first, I wasn’t planning to do this look, but oh well why not, right?! For the lips, I chose MAC Viva Glam I lipstick, since I thought it looked dark enough. However, when editing the pictures, I just realized the lips looked pretty bright. I can assure you it’s not that bright in real life. Nevertheless, if you prefer a darker lips, MAC Diva lipstick would do just great. I should have used MAC Diva, but it’s in one of the unpacked boxes. Ah, the joy of moving right? Anyways, hopefully I’ll be able to unpack everything by next week!
For this look, most of the products on the eyes are from Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye palette, but you can use any matte eyeshadow. You can skip the second step – putting a dark grey eyeshadow on the lash line. I did that part because I thought I was going to do a classic smoky eye, but then decided to do the cat eye after.
For the cat eye part, since I have hooded eyelid on my right eye (left in picture), I’ve to extend the inner corner area a bit more. The cat eye is shaped using a black matte eyeshadow and an angled eyeliner brush.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion “Original”
- Base – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Laetus”
- Eyelid – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Lazarus”
- Upper lash line – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Saleos”
- Cat eyeliner/Lower Lashline – Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour “Shax”
- Waterline – L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner
- Mascara – Cover Girl Lash Blast “Very Black“
- Brows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz “Medium Brown”; L’oreal Stylist Brow Plumper
- Falsies – Gwiyomi Boutique no. 3
- Primer – Kat Von D Lock-it Featherweight Primer
- Foundation – Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation
- Concealer – NARS Radiant Creamy concealer “Custard”
- Setting Powder – CoverFX setting powder
- Contour – Kat Von D Shade + Light contour palette “Shadowplay” + “Subconscious”
- Blush – Smashbox Halo powder blush “In Bloom”
- Lipstick – MAC “Viva Glam 1”
I’ve been going to this Korean restaurant in Hamilton, and in the restaurant they kept playing some sort of K-pop singers/bands performing on TV. Anyways, I was inspired by the singers from the various girl band to do this Asian smokey eyes look. I love how their skin looks absolutely flawless, with barely any contouring, and just a bit of blush.
Their smokey eyes are slightly winged, and the darker colors are mostly concentrated on the outer corner, since most of these girls don’t have a defined crease, like mine! Their eyeshadows are mostly on the lid, and on the outer half of the eyes, to elongate the eyes even more, creating a bigger eyes illusion.
For this look, I chose to pair it with a peachy lip, most of the girls in K-pop opt for a more pink or ombre pink lips. However, I prefer the peach lips especially with the warm bronze colors on the eyes. Warm tones on the eyes matched the warm tone on the lips to pull the look together.
I also wore a new foundation I recently bought (actually, exchanged for the Diorskin Nude Air). The new NARS weightless luminous foundation is pretty lovely, and I think I’ll do a review about it soon, hopefully next week! I think I might have found a new favorite foundation, guys!
Anyways, I apologize if the colors on my step-by-step pictures are a bit off (slightly cooler than real life) since I was trying out a new zoom lens. The full face pictures show the real colors, especially on the eyes. Pictures for the full face were taken using my usual lens, and with day light.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Base – MAC Brule
- Crease – MAC Soft Brown
- Inner corner (upper and lower lid) – MAC Honey Lust
- Lid – MAC Mulch
- Outer corner/Lower Lid – MAC Bronze
- Outer lower lid – The Balm Balmsai in Righteous
- Eyeliner – Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink
- Waterline – MAC Feline kohl pencil liner
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pomade in Medium Brown
- Mascara – Urban Decay Perversion mascara
- Falsies – Gwiyomi false lashes #3
- Foundation – NARS weightless luminous foundation
- Concealer/Highlighter – YSL Touche Eclat
- Powder – MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder
- Blush – MAC Cubic + MAC Well Dressed
- Highlighter – The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
- Liner – Urban Decay Naked lip pencil
- Gloss – YSL Glossy Stain in Pêche Cerra-Cola
Today black smokey eye tutorial is a requested look by Nurina, who asked for a Taylor Momsen look. I decided to do Taylor’s signature look – the black smokey eyes. Anyways, I’ve done something similar to this look in my Classic Smoky Eyes using UD Naked post.
Since this tutorial is a bit more intense, I brought the black eyeshadow up above the crease. Taylor Momsen signature smoky eyes look is very messy, very dark and sometimes she paired it with red lips. You can pair it with red lips, or dark red lips to make it more goth-like. However, I prefer to go with a peachy lips instead, keeping the focus just on the eyes.
Keep in mind this is an inspired look, so I’ve modify it to suit my face as well as my style. Taylor Momsen’s smoky eye sits too low on the lower lid to my liking. Be warn if the black eyeshadow is very low on the lid, it might make you look older, or it can make you look like you have panda eyes! As cute as pandas are, I’m sure you don’t want to look like you have panda eyes, right?!
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream #1 Anthracite using a synthetic paint brush on both upper and lower lid. I’ve decided to use this so I can get interesting texture on the eyes. If you want to use a matte eyeshadow only, please check my Classic Smoky Eyes post.
2. I lined my waterline and tightline using a black kohl pencil eyeliner by Annabelle.
3. Using a shader brush, I applied Crave eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics palette on top of my eyelid. I extended the eyeshadow to slightly above the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Foxy eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics right at the edge of the black eyeshadow.
5. I applied Crave eyeshadow from UD Naked Basics palette on the lower lid.
6. I filled my brows using Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil, and then set it using Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette.
7. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Carbon Black mascara on both lower and upper lashes.
8. I applied UD Naked Skin foundation using a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki Brush.
9. I contoured and highlight my face using Smashbox Contour kit.
10. I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon very lightly on my cheeks.
11. On my lips, I applied Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Socialite, and add a few dabs of YSL Glossy Stain in Pêche Cerra-Cola (27).
Fuschia lips are here to stay! I’m officially a Fuschia-lips fanatic. I love this bright color on my lips, and I definitely love wearing it when my day is gloomy. I’ve done similar look in Colour Splash and in Eyes, Lips, and Polka Dots.
For this tutorial, I used the lipstick that was given to me from Shu Uemura Indonesia from last week’s Ob Collection event. This Shu Uemura Unlimited Supreme Matte Lipstick in PK376 is a matte fuschia lipstick. This lipstick will suit every skintones. You’ve might have seen Kim K and Emma Stone sporting Fuschia lips on my Pinterest 😉
For the rest of the face and eyes, you can definitely go for very little makeup. I just added eyeliner and falsies because I wanted to make it a little more retro. If you aren’t comfortable with the eyeliner and falsies, just skip them altogether.
1. For the face, I prepped the skin by moisturizing it using Body Shop Vit. E moisturizer, and applied L’occitance lip balm on the lips.
2. I applied MUFE HD Foundation using my fingers.
3. I filled in my brows using Shu Uemura Brow Pencil.
4. On the eyes, I applied Chanel Illusion D’ombre in Emervielle all over the lid using my ring finger.
5. I applied a warm brown eyeshadow (can’t remember the name) on both upper and lower lashline using an angled eyeliner brush.
6. Using a small shader brush, I lightly blended the liner to diffuse any harsh lines.
7. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Double Extender Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
8. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic liner in NC30. *You can stop here if you want and continue on lips*
9. I applied winged liner along upper lashline using Kate Sharp Eyeliner and Ardell Medium false eyelashes.
10. I removed the lip balm on my lips by blotting it off using a clean kleenex.
11. For the lips, I applied Shu Uemura Unlimited Supreme Matte lipstick in PK 376 using a lipbrush.
12. Once I filled in my entire lips, I blot it off using a clean piece of kleenex and re-apply the lip color as needed.
13. *optional* If you want to re-shape your lips, apply lip liner of the same color as your lipstick before lipstick.
14. I applied MAC Fleur Power blush on my face so I don’t look washed out.
Hello gorgeous! I’m back with a new tutorial! Has anyone not watch Iron Man 3 yet? I did last week and I wanted to do a makeup inspired tutorial using the colors from the Iron Man suit – gold and red.
To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure how I wanted to incorporate the red into the look. I’ve thought of doing a red lip but I changed my mind and added the red winged liner instead. It’s an ok look, I think. Could I have done better? Probably.
I love the brow and gold combo, though! I used Make Up For Ever aqua cream shadows as my base. Remember to work fast and in thin layers with the aqua cream shadows. You can apply the cream and skip the powder if you’d like. I just like wearing both for extra punch of colors.
Oh, on a side note, I went to get my brows done on Saturday 😉 More on that on the next post.
1. I applied MUFE Aqua Cream shadow no. 11 using a synthetic art brush all over my eyelid.
2. Using the clean side of the art brush, I lightly applied MUFE Aqua Cream Shadow no. 15 on the outer V of the lid.
3. Using Smashbox Sienna eyeshadow and a blending brush, I applied the shadow on the outer half of the eyelid and lightly on the crease.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Old Gold on top of the gold cream shadow.
5. I applied Smashbox Sienna eyeshadow on the lower lid using an angled eyebrow brush.
6. I lined my waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
7. Using my new Shu Uemura brow pencil, I filled in my newly threaded eyebrows 😀
8. Using a wet angled eyeliner brush, I dipped the brush into Ben Nye Soleil Red powder blush and created a winged liner. You can use a cream shadow or face paint (e.g. PAC face paint in red, Snazaroo or Kryolan face paints etc) to create the red winged liner.
9. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Double Extension Curl mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
10. For the face, I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation using a foundation brush.
11. Under the eyes, I applied MUFE HD Concealer.
12. I contoured my face using MAC Shadowy and a face fan brush.
13. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Fleur Power blush mixed with MAC Cubic blush.
14. For the lips, I applied Chanel Confidentielle lipstick.
Hi all! This look was requested by Sarah over on Facebook! I think the video was super cute and the makeup is very chic. From the video itself, Lee Hi has 4 different looks mainly playing with the lip colors: pink in the center and nude on the outer, bright pink lips all over, orange red lips and lastly peach colored lips. The eyes pretty much stayed the same. It’s a very doll-like makeup. I quite like how she looked in the video. Very cute!
I did the tutorial in a rush and I didn’t get the chance to look closely on the video, but I think she might have a thin eyeliner on the upper lashline, which I skipped (my bad). It also seems that she had individual lashes put it. I only owned the short lashes in my possession currently, since I ran out of the medium ones. She looked like she wore the medium ones, so again, my apologies for the difference.
Anyhow, the rest of the face is very simple and easy. It’s not a lot of makeup, very clean, very little is on her face. I chose the one with the pink lips just cause I think it’s the cutest one, but feel free to change it to peach or the nude or the red.
1. I applied MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over the eyelid using my finger.
2. I applied a nude colored eyeshadow (Foxy by Urban Decay) all over the lid.
3. On the lower lashline, I applied MAC Blunt blush using an angled eyeliner brush. I blended the edge using a clean pencil brush. You can use any reddish-brown eyeshadow for this.
4. I curled my lashes and applied Dior Overcurl mascara.
5. I applied short individual lashes by Elise (Indonesian local brand) on the upper lashes. I think I applied about 6-7 of the short ones, and then pinched my real lashes to the fake ones to blend it together.
6. I filled in my brows using Dolly Winked brow pencil.
7. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation using Sigma Round Kabuki brush.
8. Under the eyes, I applied L’oreal Magic Touche concealer.
9. I applied a little bit of Benefit Moon Beam along the bridge of the nose and on top of the cheekbones. I also applied Benefit Hervana blush on the cheeks.
10. Powder lightly if necessary.
11. On the lips, I applied a very tiny drop of OCC Lip Tar in Queen on the center of the lips.
12. Using a clean lip brush, I blended the liptar outwards.
13. Blot excess with kleenex and applied lip balm/gloss if needed.
I received a request! Whuaaaat! hahaha..It’s been a while since I gotten requests for makeup tutorials, and it makes me very happy that one of my followers actually requested one! Pdo send me requests on comments below or over on Twitter 😀
Anyhow, so Cahya requested me on Twitter to do Lee Hi’s makeup in her MV Rose. I was like whaaat??? Who’s this Lee Hi girl. I searched her on youtube and found the MV. Lee Hi is a Korean singer, and she has an amazing voice! Being Korean, she obviously has like the most perfect skin just like most of my Korean friends. She has 3 different looks on the video – red eyes and pink lips, red eyes and red lips, yellow/pink eyes with pink lips. I chose the red eyes/pink lips combo for this inspired look just because it showed up most of the time on the MV.
Can we please admire how gorgeous that rose crown on her head is!
Image is Courtesy of Kpopstarz
Keep in mind that she is probably 2 shades lighter than me. Her makeup is quite minimal. Let’s break it down:
- Her brows are straight across, just like most Korean actresses/singers. Mine has more shaped than hers, so I had to fill mine in more to make it less angular.
- Seeing her video, I don’t think she wore any blushes or contour, which made the red eye more chic and modern.
- It also seemed like she barely has any mascara on, perhaps she wears a brown mascara or even a clear one.
A word of caution! Please make sure that whatever red blush or product you are going to use are allowed to be used for the eyes. Some red lip products or cheeks are not allowed for the eyes due to sensitivity issue. I used Ben Nye blush because I’ve tried and tested it on myself and others, and found no allergic reaction or sensitivity towards it.
1. I applied MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over my lid using my finger.
2. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied Ben Nye Soleil Red blush along my upper lashline.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I picked up a teeensy weensy bit of the blush and applied it lightly on my lid, avoiding the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended whatever is on my lid so it fades.
5. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Ben Nye Mango eyeshadow lightly on the crease.
6. Using a clean angled eyeliner brush, I mixed Ben Nye Mango eyeshadow with Ben Nye Soleil Red blush and applied it very lightly on the lower lashline.
7. I applied Urban Decay Woodstock eyeliner along the waterline.
8. You can choose to apply a very light coat of mascara or skip it.
9. I filled it my brows using Dollywinked eyebrow pencil in brown and set it with Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD foundation in 117 all over my face using Sigma Round Kabuki brush, going over my lips with it as well.
11. I applied Revlon Ravishing Red lipstick on the center of my lips using my ring finger, just dabbing on it.
12. Lastly, I applied Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer no. 165 (Volupte) lightly on my lips and then blot it with a piece of kleenex.