Spring is almost here, may be? I was expecting a bright sunny week, but it’s Canada! What did I see outside couple days a go? SNOW! It was snowing, and cloudy. To cheer myself up, I decided to create this yellow eye makeup tutorial. I wanted something bright, but wearable at the same time. I also wanted to try a few new products and technique, so today’s tutorial is a bit more full on – cream + powder contour: checked, shimmer highlight: checked!
If you guys want to know more about this new technique I learnt, go over to youtube and look for Gossmakeupartist’s Buffing Technique video (if Wayne is looking at this HIIIIII!!!). Anyways, he had a video prior talking how he came about this technique, and since I’m curious, I decided to give it a try. What do you guys think? I think my skin looks pretty amazing, despite the fact that I put on quite a bit of contour and highlight products. I like how it still looks like my skin is showing through underneath, doesn’t look heavy and cakey at all.
Anyways, all products used listed below! Absolutely love how this tutorial turned out. Super simple, easy and very wearable.
note: On my waterline, I used Matt Maloy eyeshadow because I left my white pencil liner in Jakarta. Anyways, since it’s a pressed eyeshadow, all I did was pressing it on my waterline with a small angled eyeliner brush. You can apply white eyeliner instead, if you’re not used to applying powder eyeshadow on the waterline.
- Primer – Urban Decay Primer Potion (original).
- Transition – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in “Matt Rosen”.
- Crease – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in “Matt Wood”.
- Lid – MUFE eyeshadow #71.
- Lower lash line – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in “Matt Wood”.
- Waterline – The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in “Matt Maloy”.
- Eyeliner – Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner.
- Mascara – Clinique High Impact mascara.
- Falsies – Gwiyomi #3.
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Brow Wiz in “Taupe” and “Brunette”.
- Foundation – Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo foundation.
- Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear concealer NC25.
- Cream Contour – CoverFX cream foundation N110.
- Loose powder – Shiseido Translucent Loose Powder.
- Powder Contour – Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette in “Shadowplay”.
- Powder Highlight – Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Palette in “Lyric”.
- Shimmer Highlight – The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
- Powder Blush – Smashbox “In Passion” Halo Blush.
- Setting powder (to buff) – MUFE Pro Finish #118.
- Lipstick – Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Crayon in “Pink Nude”.
- Lipgloss – L’oreal Colour Riche Extraordinaire in “Dancing Rose” (just a dab in the center of the lips).