I wanted to do another look with the MUFE Aqua Cream no. 9. I had to find a good reason to buy it right? Hahaha…I decided to incorporate some blue and yellow. I found inspiration from my trip to Bali couple months a go. The performers in Bali use a lot of blue, pink and gold. In my own twist, I decided to use coral, blue and yellow (and a tiny bit of bronze). When I used to perform(Balinese traditional dance) back when I was a kid, they used to put the 3 dots using a toothpaste (applied using toothpick). For this look, I added 3 tiny dots at the end of the eyeliner to replace the toothpaste.
I’ve found an issue with the MUFE Aqua cream no. 9. You have to work really2 fast to blend it. If you want a lot of colors on your lid, you have to apply it thinly first and then layer it as soon as you can. Speed is your friend when using this product.
Let me tell you my sad story. Ah, talking about it made me so angry! Anyways, so as you guys know I owned Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal and Inked in Pink. I always made sure that any of my cream products are closed tightly. However, for some reason, I guess may be when I was rushing since I have been traveling a lot these couple months, my Tenacious Teal wasn’t properly stored! The lid was loose and guess what! It’s drying out!!! *sigh* Oh the horror! The worse part is that I can only get them in Canada since it’s not sold in Asia yet! *cry*
Anyways…I have to go get alcohol soon so I can revive my Tenacious Teal to its original state. So, do forgive me if the Tenacious Teal isn’t looking so tenacious in this tutorial.
Let’s get down to business now, shall we? 🙂
1. Using a synthetic brush, I applied 2-3 layers of MUFE Aqua Cream shadow in no. 9 on the lid, focusing most of the products on the center of my eyelid.
2. Using another synthetic brush I applied Maybelline Tenacious Teal 24hr Tattoo on the outer half of the lid. I blended the edge of the crease using a blending brush.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Ben Nye Cosmic Blue on top of Maybelline Tenacious Teal. I blended the color on the crease using a fluffy blending brush.
4. I applied L’oreal Pepsy Coral infallible eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid.
5. Using a small fluffy brush, I applied Smashbox Blackout eyeshadow on the outer V and I blended the shadow using a clean blending brush.
6. I also blended the L‘oreal Pepsy Coral towards the blue using a clean blending brush.
7. I lined my waterline using NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk.
8. Using a small shader brush, I applied MUFE eyeshadow no. 71 on top of the white eyeliner.
9. I applied Smog eyeshadow from NAKED 1 palette along the lower lash line using an angled eyeliner brush.
10. I created a winged eyeliner along the upper lash line using Kat Von D Trooper eyeliner. I also created 3 tiny dots at the end of the eyeliner using the same product.
11. I curled my lashes and applied mascara on top and lower lashes.
12. I filled my brows in using Chanel Mistre brow pencil.
13. For the face, I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation with a foundation brush.
14. I applied YSL Touche Eclat under the eyes, my cheekbones, bridge of the nose and on my cupid’s bow.
15. I applied Benefit Coralista blush on the cheeks and Chanel Confidentielle lipstick on the lips.