Today’s Gold New Year Party Makeup tutorial would by my last post for 2015. Almost time for 2016, and so I shall end 2015 with a gold sparkly makeup. This look is super simple, and it doesn’t require much. It’s sparkly, it’s light, it’s super pretty for the New Year. I, myself, prefer this kind of look to attend parties and such.
Finally! A tutorial to be posted. I do have to say, I’m not really loving how this look ends up. I used L’oreal Neon Skirt Color Riche quad eyeshadow that I recently purchased (posted on Instagram and Twitter). I love the colors that come with this quad, but…*sigh here comes the but*…I feel that one of the shadows is quite difficult to blend. May be it’s my fault for not priming my eyelid since I can’t find my primers because I’m not totally unpacked yet.
Anyhooow, I just wanted to do a quick tutorial so I don’t go missing for another week or so, leaving the blog empty. Hmm, what do you guys think? I followed the instruction from the back of the quad for this look. I feel that the green color wasn’t blended properly. I wanted a sheer wash of color, so I tried blending it out, but it doesn’t look that great, eh…Also, I don’t know how I feel about the purple eyeliner. It’s not intense enough for me to be an eyeliner. Also, there’s a lot of fall out from the purple, so watch out for it.
Nevertheless, I think this can be a great look if you want to try to wear colors to go out. It’s very sheer and kinda look like watercolors, no? Oh, I love the vanilla highlighter in the middle of the lid! It makes the eyes look so pretty when you blink.
1. I applied the gold eyeshadow from L’oreal Neon Skirt quad on the inner half of the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a clean blending brush, I applied the green shadow from the same quad on the outer half of the lid.
3. (you can skip this step) I blended out the green eyeshadow towards the brow bone, leaving a little bit of color concentration in mostly the outer V of the eyelid.
4. Using my ring finger, I lightly tapped the vanilla eyeshadow from the quad to the middle of the lid.
5. Using an angled brush, I applied the purple eyeshadow of the L’oreal Neon Skirt quad along the upper lashline.
6. I applied the green along the lower lash line using a pencil brush. I dabbed a tiny bit of gold in the inner corner of the lower lid using a small shader brush.
7. I also lined the waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Carbon Black mascara on both upper and lower lashes. I also applied EyeMe false eyelashes (free sample from a friend) on the upper lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation in 118 using a foundation brush.
11. I set the foundation using MUFE Pro Finish powder.
12. I contoured my face and nose slightly using MAC Shadowy.
13. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
14. I filled my lips in using MAC Dervish lip liner.
ps: Pictures are taken using natural light.
pps: Like my new hair? hahaha 😛