Finally! A tutorial to be posted. I do have to say, I’m not really loving how this look ends up. I used L’oreal Neon Skirt Color Riche quad eyeshadow that I recently purchased (posted on Instagram and Twitter). I love the colors that come with this quad, but…*sigh here comes the but*…I feel that one of the shadows is quite difficult to blend. May be it’s my fault for not priming my eyelid since I can’t find my primers because I’m not totally unpacked yet.
Anyhooow, I just wanted to do a quick tutorial so I don’t go missing for another week or so, leaving the blog empty. Hmm, what do you guys think? I followed the instruction from the back of the quad for this look. I feel that the green color wasn’t blended properly. I wanted a sheer wash of color, so I tried blending it out, but it doesn’t look that great, eh…Also, I don’t know how I feel about the purple eyeliner. It’s not intense enough for me to be an eyeliner. Also, there’s a lot of fall out from the purple, so watch out for it.
Nevertheless, I think this can be a great look if you want to try to wear colors to go out. It’s very sheer and kinda look like watercolors, no? Oh, I love the vanilla highlighter in the middle of the lid! It makes the eyes look so pretty when you blink.
1. I applied the gold eyeshadow from L’oreal Neon Skirt quad on the inner half of the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a clean blending brush, I applied the green shadow from the same quad on the outer half of the lid.
3. (you can skip this step) I blended out the green eyeshadow towards the brow bone, leaving a little bit of color concentration in mostly the outer V of the eyelid.
4. Using my ring finger, I lightly tapped the vanilla eyeshadow from the quad to the middle of the lid.
5. Using an angled brush, I applied the purple eyeshadow of the L’oreal Neon Skirt quad along the upper lashline.
6. I applied the green along the lower lash line using a pencil brush. I dabbed a tiny bit of gold in the inner corner of the lower lid using a small shader brush.
7. I also lined the waterline and tightline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Carbon Black mascara on both upper and lower lashes. I also applied EyeMe false eyelashes (free sample from a friend) on the upper lashes.
9. I filled my brows in using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD Foundation in 118 using a foundation brush.
11. I set the foundation using MUFE Pro Finish powder.
12. I contoured my face and nose slightly using MAC Shadowy.
13. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
14. I filled my lips in using MAC Dervish lip liner.
ps: Pictures are taken using natural light.
pps: Like my new hair? hahaha 😛