Last week I was all about natural makeup, but this week since I bought the ABH Modern Renaissance palette, I’ve decided to go full on glam in creating the ABH Modern Renaissance Makeup Look. I wasn’t loving how this look turned out, I felt it was a bit overly done but when I was showing the final look to couple of my friends they loved it, so I decided to upload the tutorial today. Don’t forget to watch the full length tutorial below, and read more to check out the step-by-step pictorial!
Hello, everyone! Finally I’m back with a post after a week of hiatus. I’m actually in Jamaica at the moment, so yay me! What a beautiful place, with nice people, great food and loads of sun. At this moment, I’ll be staying in Jamaica for an indefinite period of time, so follow me on Twitter and Instagram to find out what I’m up to, and where I’m heading next. My life has been a great adventure so far, and I’m so thankful for all these opportunities to travel to different countries.
Anyways, since today was a really great day, I wanted to do a quick tutorial. However, since I’ve been living out of my luggage, I couldn’t find my palettes (all buried underneath my clothes probably). The few palettes that were on my sight were the Naked (1, 2, 3, and basic). Obviously, I’ve to pick the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for today’s makeup.
My original Rose Smoky Eyes post have received 4,000++ repins on Pinterest and I’m so thankful for that! However, upon looking back at the tutorial, I wasn’t too thrilled with the result. So, I wanted to re-do that post in a slightly different manner. This Rosy eye makeup can be worn as a day makeup, or night makeup. It’s one of those looks that goes really well for anytime!
Please note that all the pictures below are taken using natural daylight, thus might look different than my usual pictures.
1. I prepped my eyelid using UD Primer Potion (original).
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Buzz from UD Naked 3 all over my eyelid.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Nooner from UD Naked 3 on the crease.
4. I applied Blackheart from UD Naked 3 on the crease and outer V using a small shader brush.
5. I blended Blackheart using a clean crease bullet brush.
6. I applied Blackheart on the lower lid using a small shader brush.
7. I lined my upper lash line using Kate Kanebo Super Sharp Eyeliner. I also lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
11. I contoured my face using NARS Ita kabuki brush and MAC Blunt powder.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
13. Finally, on my lips I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
For this last picture (above), N actually took it for me outdoor since the sun was setting, and we couldn’t resist to snap a few shots. I decided to add YSL Glossy Stain no. 27 on my lips for the shot. Just ignore my eye bags, I was trying to hold my laughter.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; Urban Decay Naked 3 (eyelid: buzz, crease: nooner, outer v: blackheart); Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz.
Face – Urban Decay Naked foundation; MAC Blunt powder; MAC Dainty blush; Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
Disclaimer: some of the links provided on this post link back to my other posts. However, the links on Sigma Beauty products are affiliated links, therefore if you click on the link I might be compensated for it. Please note that any sort of compensation that I received from affiliated links will go to the maintenance of this website.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday! 🙂 I’m sorry if I’m not too active on the social media platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest these days since I’m enjoying some time off with my loved ones. Aaah, who am I to kid, I’m still very much active on Pinterest..hehehe..I’m addicted to Pinterest!
Anyways, today’s tutorial is another look using Urban Decay Naked 3 palette! I have to say I do love this palette a lot more than the other 2. May be it’s just my obsession with anything Rose Gold! Anyways, this tutorial is an evening look, that’s not too smoky, but at the same time not too light either. If you want to make it smokier, you can use Blackheart from the palette instead of Darkside.
1. I prepped my lids using UD Primer Potion in Sin.
2. Using a shader eyeshadow brush, I applied Darkside on the outer third of the lid, the inner third, as well as on the crease.
3. I blended the crease using a clean shader eyeshadow brush.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Trick in the middle of the lid, and then added Dust on top of it.
5. I lightly applied Nooner above my crease, and run it along the lower lash line.
6. I created a very thin feline flick using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
7. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic pencil eyeliner in NC30.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
9. I curled my lashes, and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation on my face using my fingers.
11. I contoured my face using Smashbox Contour palette.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Danity blush.
13. On the lips, I applied Revlon Socialite and then added a touch of clear lipbalm on top of it.