About time I did a really dark smoky eyes tutorial, eh? Today’s post is a really dark UD Naked 3 smoky eyes tutorial on my Youtube channel. Have you guys subscribe yet? If you haven’t, what are you waiting for? Go to my Youtube channel and subscribe now!
Here I am with a new Soft Rose Smoky Eyes tutorial using UD Naked 3 (again)! I do apologize for missing for almost a week without any tutorials. I’ve been having some difficulties with the internet at home. However, if you do follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you’d have gotten a little bit of update here and there every day.
In another news, I was very excited to find out that Urban Decay has used one of my pictures that I did on their email newsletter! I’m not sure if you guys subscribe to their mailing list, but I was so surprised to see my face on it. It’s small, but I’m so happy! If you want to recreate that look, please take a look at my Rose Smoky III tutorial.
So, for today’s tutorial, I wanted to use my Urban Decay Naked 3 again to create a much softer rosy smoky eyes, something that most people can recreate and do it on themselves. This look would be great for those with medium to darker skin tone as well. If you like a very light eyelid, you can apply Burnout or Dust instead of Buzz.
Scrolls all the way down if you want to skip the how-to, and go straight to the product list.
- I prepped my eyelids using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin.
- I applied Buzz on the inner half of my upper eyelid, and Liar on the outer half, using a flat eyeshadow brush.
- On the crease, I lightly applied Limit using a blending brush.
- Using a bullet crease brush, I applied Blackheart on the outer V.
- I blended out the outer V using the same blending brush I used on Step 3.
- On the lower lid, I applied Blackheart using an angled brow brush.
- I also applied Buzz on the inner corner of the lower lid.
- I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
- I applied a winged eyeliner along the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
- I curled my lashes, and applied Clinique High Impact mascara. Then, I added false lashes.
- I outlined my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde, and filled it with Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette.
- I applied Cover FX cream foundation in G20 under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, chin, and forehead using a clean foundation brush.
- I then applied Cover FX cream foundation in N110 on my temples, sides of my nose, on the hollows of my cheeks and on my jawline using a clean foundation brush.
- I blended the 2 foundation using a damped sponge.
- I set my face using Cover FX translucent powder.
- I applied Chanel Blush de Horizon on my cheeks.
- On my lips, I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
Eyes – Urban Decay Naked 3 (eyelid: Buzz & Liar, crease: Limit, outer V: Blackheart); L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner; Ardell false lashes no. 109; Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde; Anastasia Duo Brow Powder in Brunette.
Face – Cover FX cream foundation in G20 & N110; Cover FX translucent powder; Chanel Blush de Horizon.
Lips – Tarte lipsurgence in Lively.
Hello, everyone! Finally I’m back with a post after a week of hiatus. I’m actually in Jamaica at the moment, so yay me! What a beautiful place, with nice people, great food and loads of sun. At this moment, I’ll be staying in Jamaica for an indefinite period of time, so follow me on Twitter and Instagram to find out what I’m up to, and where I’m heading next. My life has been a great adventure so far, and I’m so thankful for all these opportunities to travel to different countries.
Anyways, since today was a really great day, I wanted to do a quick tutorial. However, since I’ve been living out of my luggage, I couldn’t find my palettes (all buried underneath my clothes probably). The few palettes that were on my sight were the Naked (1, 2, 3, and basic). Obviously, I’ve to pick the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette for today’s makeup.
My original Rose Smoky Eyes post have received 4,000++ repins on Pinterest and I’m so thankful for that! However, upon looking back at the tutorial, I wasn’t too thrilled with the result. So, I wanted to re-do that post in a slightly different manner. This Rosy eye makeup can be worn as a day makeup, or night makeup. It’s one of those looks that goes really well for anytime!
Please note that all the pictures below are taken using natural daylight, thus might look different than my usual pictures.
1. I prepped my eyelid using UD Primer Potion (original).
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Buzz from UD Naked 3 all over my eyelid.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Nooner from UD Naked 3 on the crease.
4. I applied Blackheart from UD Naked 3 on the crease and outer V using a small shader brush.
5. I blended Blackheart using a clean crease bullet brush.
6. I applied Blackheart on the lower lid using a small shader brush.
7. I lined my upper lash line using Kate Kanebo Super Sharp Eyeliner. I also lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
11. I contoured my face using NARS Ita kabuki brush and MAC Blunt powder.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
13. Finally, on my lips I applied Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
For this last picture (above), N actually took it for me outdoor since the sun was setting, and we couldn’t resist to snap a few shots. I decided to add YSL Glossy Stain no. 27 on my lips for the shot. Just ignore my eye bags, I was trying to hold my laughter.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; Urban Decay Naked 3 (eyelid: buzz, crease: nooner, outer v: blackheart); Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara; Anastasia Brow Wiz.
Face – Urban Decay Naked foundation; MAC Blunt powder; MAC Dainty blush; Tarte Lipsurgence in Lively.
Disclaimer: some of the links provided on this post link back to my other posts. However, the links on Sigma Beauty products are affiliated links, therefore if you click on the link I might be compensated for it. Please note that any sort of compensation that I received from affiliated links will go to the maintenance of this website.
Today’s tutorial is a requested look from one of my followers on Instagram through direct message. She wanted an Urban Decay Naked 3 look that’s not too smoky. I created this rosy mauve makeup using Urban Decay Naked 3 for her, so I hope everyone will enjoy it!
The look is very simple. However, I decided to add the winged liner and Gwiyomi lashes for some added drama for the camera. I also, recently, just bought CoverFX cream foundations, so I decided to play around with it for highlighting and contouring as well. I’m going to do a review soon for the CoverFX products.
Anyways, let’s get the tutorial started! You can skip the winged liner and eyelashes, feel free to omit some of the steps to make it suitable for you!
1. I prepped my eyelid using UD Primer Potion. Then, I applied Nooner on my eyelid using the flat eyeshadow brush that comes with the UD Naked 3 palette.
2. I applied Liar on the crease using the blending brush end from the Naked 3 palette.
3. Using Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff C433, I blended out the edge of Liar so there’s no harsh edge.
4. Using the tip of the flat eyeshadow brush from UD Naked 3 palette, I applied Nooner on the lower lid. I also applied Trick on the inner corner of my eyes.
5. I lined my waterline, tightline, and upper lash line using Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eyeliner in Perversion.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied Blackheart along the upper and lower lash line. If I wear this makeup to go out I definitely would stop here and go on to mascara and my eyebrows.
7. I created a winged eyeliner using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara on both top and bottom lashes.
9. I applied Gwiyomi Sarah false eyelashes, and filled in my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde and Brunette.
10. On my face, I applied CoverFX Cream Foundation in G40 using their cream foundation brush.
11. I highlight using CoverFX G20, and contoured using N110 (will do a tutorial on how to do this next time).
12. I set my face using NARS Setting Powder.
13. I applied Benefit Hervana on my cheeks as blush.
14. On my lips, I applied Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm in Mega Melon.
Eyes – UD Naked 3 palette, UD 24/7 Glide-on eyeliner in Perversion, L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip, Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, Gwiyomi Sarah false eyelashes, and Anastasia Brow Wiz (Ash Blonde+Brunette)
Face – CoverFX Cream foundation (G40, G20, N110), NARS Setting Powder, Benefit Hervana blush, and Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm Mega Melon.
Happy New Year 2014, everyone! I hope this year would be an even greater and much more awesome year than 2013! I wanted to post this Berry Lips look since I wore it for NYE, and I think it’ll be a good tutorial to start of 2014. This look is very simple and easy, and no matter where you are you can definitely wear it. I added a little touch of glitter on the eyes for an extra playfulness, after all glitter is so fabulous!
For my eyes, I used UD Naked 3, which as you all know, has been my fav.! I’ve done 2 other tutorials prior to this post using Naked 3 in Rose Smoky Eyes and UD Naked 3 look #2. The other 2 geared more on the smoky side, while on this one it’s more natural looking.
For the berry lips, I decided to skip my usual red, pink, and burgundy. Instead, I decided to wear a berry lip stain to keep my lips moisturized and not having to worry about having to touch up throughout the night, or stain anything. It was low maintenance, and I just love how the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain keep my lips moist without feeling sticky.
1. I prepped my lids by applying UD Primer Potion, and then applied Dust from UD Naked 3 with a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Nooner from UD Naked 3.
3. I ran Nooner along the lower lash line using a small shader brush. I also applied Dust on my tear duct.
4. I created a winged liner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp eyeliner.
5. I lined my lower lash line, very close to the lashes, using Crave from UD Naked Basics.
6. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. (you can use beige or white if you prefer)
7. I curled my lashes and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both upper and lower lashes. I also added falsies for fun.
9. Using a dry synthetic brush, I applied white glitter on my eyelid for extra shine. If you want to pack the glitter on like in my Glitter Holiday Makeup, use a wet damp brush.
10. On my face, I used Giorgio Armani Foundation. I applied it using a foundation brush.
11. I contoured my face using Smashbox Contour palette.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty.
13. On my lips, I applied Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten. I dabbed excess off using my ring finger.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday! 🙂 I’m sorry if I’m not too active on the social media platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest these days since I’m enjoying some time off with my loved ones. Aaah, who am I to kid, I’m still very much active on Pinterest..hehehe..I’m addicted to Pinterest!
Anyways, today’s tutorial is another look using Urban Decay Naked 3 palette! I have to say I do love this palette a lot more than the other 2. May be it’s just my obsession with anything Rose Gold! Anyways, this tutorial is an evening look, that’s not too smoky, but at the same time not too light either. If you want to make it smokier, you can use Blackheart from the palette instead of Darkside.
1. I prepped my lids using UD Primer Potion in Sin.
2. Using a shader eyeshadow brush, I applied Darkside on the outer third of the lid, the inner third, as well as on the crease.
3. I blended the crease using a clean shader eyeshadow brush.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Trick in the middle of the lid, and then added Dust on top of it.
5. I lightly applied Nooner above my crease, and run it along the lower lash line.
6. I created a very thin feline flick using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
7. I lined my waterline using MAC Chromagraphic pencil eyeliner in NC30.
8. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
9. I curled my lashes, and applied Clinique High Impact mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
10. I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation on my face using my fingers.
11. I contoured my face using Smashbox Contour palette.
12. On my cheeks, I applied MAC Danity blush.
13. On the lips, I applied Revlon Socialite and then added a touch of clear lipbalm on top of it.
Happy Holiday, everyone! Merry Christmas for those who are celebrating, and I hope everyone is having a blast! I know it might be a day too early for my North American readers, but it’s already the 25th in Indonesia.
Anyways, I wanted to post this tutorial up just because I recently gotten my hands on the Urban Decay Naked 3 (you’d know if you follow me on Instagram!!! ;). I actually didn’t want to get one, but I decided to since the shades are gorgeous!
I didn’t want to do a super dark smoky eyes, as I prefer a much softer side for this look. This rose smoky eyes look is very wearable, and so easy to do! I love how the pink eyeshadow has a gold undertone, so you won’t look sickly.
1. I applied Buzz all over the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Blackheart on the outer V and crease.
3. Using a clean shader brush, I blended the edge of my crease.
4. I applied Limit using a clean blending brush just above the crease as a transition color.
5. I lined my waterline and tightline using UD 24/7 Glide-on pencil eyeliner in Perversion.
7. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied Blackheart on the outer half of the lower lid, and Buzz on the inner half.
8. I created a winged liner using L’oreal Super Liner Ultra Sharp Tip.
9. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
10. I curled my lashes and applied Buxom Lash mascara on both top and lower lashes.
11. For my face, I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation using Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush.
12. I contoured my face using Smashbox Contour/Highlight trio palette.
13. On the cheeks, I applied Chanel Brush de Horizon.
14. I applied MAC Please Me lipstick on my lips.