I was mesmerized by Chanel’s Spring 2013 RTW runway makeup, that I’ve decided to do an inspired look based on it. I usually prefer warm-toned colors, like gold and bronze over silver, so it was definitely interesting to do this look.
I used Tinsel eyeshadow from the Sleek Makeup iDivine Sparkle 2 palette in this tutorial. I believed the makeup artist for Chanel used a silver cream eyeshadow (illusion d’ombre) to create the look. Since I don’t own any silver cream eyeshadow, I decided to use a powder eyeshadow. Tinsel eyeshadow is very creamy and can be easily blended.
It’s a very simple and wearable look. Since the focus is on the eyes, everything else is downplayed. In the runway, models were seen with bare face, but I decided to add a blush just so that I don’t look too washed out.
1. I applied Tinsel all over the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
2. Using a fluffy blending brush, I blended the color from the crease all the way up to the brow bone.
3. Using a small shader brush, I applied Tinsel on the lower lid.
4. I created a winged liner along the upper lashline using Kate Sharp eyeliner.
5. I also lightly lined the lower lashline using the same eyeliner.
6. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
7. I curled my lashes, and applied Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost mascara on both upper and lower lashes.
8. I filled my brows in using Dolly Winked Brow pencil no. 3. (if you notice the difference between the last 2 pictures below on the brow, that’s because I brush the brows after I filled them in using a clean spooly).
9. For the face, I applied Urban Decay Naked foundation using IPKN Auto Wave makeup.
10. Under the eyes, I applied MAC Pro Conceal/Correct palette in Medium.
11. I powdered my face lightly on the T-zone using loose powder.
12. On the cheeks, I applied MAC Dainty blush.
13. On the lips, I applied Chanel Levres Scintillantes in Volupte.