I received a request! Whuaaaat! hahaha..It’s been a while since I gotten requests for makeup tutorials, and it makes me very happy that one of my followers actually requested one! Pdo send me requests on comments below or over on Twitter 😀
Anyhow, so Cahya requested me on Twitter to do Lee Hi’s makeup in her MV Rose. I was like whaaat??? Who’s this Lee Hi girl. I searched her on youtube and found the MV. Lee Hi is a Korean singer, and she has an amazing voice! Being Korean, she obviously has like the most perfect skin just like most of my Korean friends. She has 3 different looks on the video – red eyes and pink lips, red eyes and red lips, yellow/pink eyes with pink lips. I chose the red eyes/pink lips combo for this inspired look just because it showed up most of the time on the MV.
Can we please admire how gorgeous that rose crown on her head is!
Image is Courtesy of Kpopstarz
Keep in mind that she is probably 2 shades lighter than me. Her makeup is quite minimal. Let’s break it down:
- Her brows are straight across, just like most Korean actresses/singers. Mine has more shaped than hers, so I had to fill mine in more to make it less angular.
- Seeing her video, I don’t think she wore any blushes or contour, which made the red eye more chic and modern.
- It also seemed like she barely has any mascara on, perhaps she wears a brown mascara or even a clear one.
A word of caution! Please make sure that whatever red blush or product you are going to use are allowed to be used for the eyes. Some red lip products or cheeks are not allowed for the eyes due to sensitivity issue. I used Ben Nye blush because I’ve tried and tested it on myself and others, and found no allergic reaction or sensitivity towards it.
1. I applied MAC Soft Ochre paint pot all over my lid using my finger.
2. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied Ben Nye Soleil Red blush along my upper lashline.
3. Using a fluffy blending brush, I picked up a teeensy weensy bit of the blush and applied it lightly on my lid, avoiding the crease.
4. Using a clean blending brush, I blended whatever is on my lid so it fades.
5. Using a clean blending brush, I applied Ben Nye Mango eyeshadow lightly on the crease.
6. Using a clean angled eyeliner brush, I mixed Ben Nye Mango eyeshadow with Ben Nye Soleil Red blush and applied it very lightly on the lower lashline.
7. I applied Urban Decay Woodstock eyeliner along the waterline.
8. You can choose to apply a very light coat of mascara or skip it.
9. I filled it my brows using Dollywinked eyebrow pencil in brown and set it with Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette.
10. For the face, I applied MUFE HD foundation in 117 all over my face using Sigma Round Kabuki brush, going over my lips with it as well.
11. I applied Revlon Ravishing Red lipstick on the center of my lips using my ring finger, just dabbing on it.
12. Lastly, I applied Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer no. 165 (Volupte) lightly on my lips and then blot it with a piece of kleenex.