Alright! I finally decided to start my Halloween tutorials early this year! I’m super pumped since my parents are setting up a haunted house at work for everyone to enjoy! Anyways, you can be sure I’m going to be there with full makeup on! For my first tutorial, I decided to do a Monster Teeth or monster smile, since I always find difficulty creating these teeth. I’m not that happy with the result, but oh well, I think it worked pretty well.
One tip that I should keep in mind for myself, is to use water-based white paint for the teeth instead of cream face paint. I think the cream is hard to work with since it moves around so easily, but that’s just my preference. Also, funny story (not so funny when it happened), I was so close to finishing the whole look, and I decided to “fix” the two teeth on the bottom lip, then my hand slip and smudged everything. I had to remove the 2 teeth and just created 1 since it was getting late, and I had to go to bed.
Ok, let’s get this whole thing started!
1. I started out by drawing an outline of the smile using a black eyeliner pencil.
2. Using the same eyeliner pencil, I started drawing the outline of the teeth. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it can be as sharp or as big as you want. I drew the teeth at the back of the mouth a little bit curved in to create an eerier smile.
3. Using a small synthetic artist brush, I applied black cream face paint outside the teeth area.
5. To create some depth, I created some smile lines at the end of the monster mouth, above and below the monster lips.
6. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I blended the lines down for the lines on below the lips, and upwards for the lines above the lips. This will create an illusion of depth.
7. For the rest of the face, I applied foundation and smoky eyes just for fun.
8. I also set the cream face paint using eyeshadow of similar colors – black for the black areas, and white mixed with beige for the teeth.
It looks really good in black and white!
Ta-daaaah! So, let me know if you have any request for Halloween, ‘kay?!