This tutorial is part of my Winter Makeup post for Lipstick and Muffin Media. Watch the tutorial or read more below.
As the weather is getting colder, my makeup routine has changed slightly compared to my Summer makeup. In the Summer, I tend to go with a slightly more matte foundation since my skin gets oilier, and definitely a brighter and more colourful looks. In the Winter, as my skin gets a little bit more drier, I opt for a more luminous finish and darker bolder lip colours.
For today’s tutorial, I’m playing around with different textures & finishes. While the eyes (shimmery & matte) and lips (suede) might be bold, I’m keeping my base pretty light and luminous. To keep the makeup looking fresh, I added a rosy cheeks to tie the whole look together.
The look itself is inspired by old Hollywood glam – winged liners and red lips. It’s still a classic look, and I think you can do no wrong with a classic. In the Summer, I’d probably create a thinner softer winged liner, or I’d even skip the winged liner altogether and pair this look with a brighter red lips, or even perhaps an orange one. However, for Winter makeup, as I’ve said before, I go for a darker bolder lip colour. I paired this lip colour with a strong bold winged liner, and I also added a smudge of black eyeshadow along the lower lid to add a bit more intensity to the look.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this look! Don’t forget to check out the list of products used below.
Rings & Necklace – http://bit.ly/2fstLFm
- Bobbi Brown Vit. Enriched Face Base
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter
- YSL Touche Eclat Radiance Awakening Foundation #B30
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer in Medium Light Neutral
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in Rosy Poly Rosy
- Becca Lowlight Sculpting Perfector
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder duo in Medium Brown *
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- Tweezerman Brow Mousse *
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Anti-Aging
- Make Up For Ever HD Pro Finish #118
- Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Cosmic
- Tarte In Bloom Clay Eyeshadow palette
- Crease: Smarty Pants mixed with Jetsetter
- Lower lash line: Smokeshow
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Palette
- Lower lid: Shax
- Shu Uemura Calligraphy:ink Liner in Black
- Chanel Inimitable mascara
- Silk lashes (no name – sample)
- Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Miss Conduct
* products used but not mention in the video