This tutorial is part of my Winter Makeup post for Lipstick and Muffin Media. Watch the tutorial or read more below.
If you have always wondered how can you wear a blue eyeshadow without looking like you’re stuck in the 80s, this tutorial is definitely for you! I love doing this type of makeup in the winter, whenever I want to add a pop of color to my makeup wardrobe. This cobalt blue makeup will make the white part of your eyes look whiter and brighter!
For this tutorial, I used L’oreal All Night Blue on top of Stila Cobalt blue eyeliner. You can change it up using purple, green, etc whatever color you want! It’s such an easy way to add color without going overboard.
1. I prepped my eyes using Urban Decay Primer Potion all over my lid using my ring finger.
2. I applied MAC Powersurge pencil eyeliner all over my eyelid. I blended out the edge using my ring finger.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Bronze on top of MAC Powersurge eyeliner. I applied this eyeshadow slightly above the crease.
4. Using another clean flat eyeshadow brush, I applied MAC Honey Lust on the inner half of my eyelid.
5. On the lower lid, I first lined my lower lash line using Stila Cobalt blue eyeliner.
6. Then, I applied L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in All Night Blue using a small shader brush on the lower lash line.
7. Using a MAC 239 (eye shader) brush, I blended the edge of the crease.
8. I created a winged liner using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Eyeliner on the upper lash line.
9. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
10. I curled my lashes and applied L’oreal Butterfly mascara. Then, I applied Quo false eyelashes.
11. I filled my brows using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette.
11. I applied MUFE HD Foundation 118 using Shiseido foundation brush.
12. Under my eyes, I applied concealer from MAC Pro Correct/Conceal palette in Medium.
13. I contoured my face using MAC Shadowy powder.
14. I applied MAC Dainty blush on my cheeks, and Diorskin Shimmer Star Amber Diamond as highlighter.
15. For the lips, I applied L’oreal Infallible lipliner in Rose.
Hello, everyone! It’s been a while since my last post. I do apologize for the lack of post. Things have been going really crazy in my personal life, and I can barely catch my breath. Anyways, let’s put those things aside, and get back to this whole blogging things back on track!
Today’s tutorial used one of my all-time favorite palette from Chanel, called Kaska Beige. I’ve actually used this palette before in my Chanel Kaska Beige tutorial. This tutorial has a little bit more of a smokier feel than the older post, however still wearable for party, wedding, prom, night-out, pageant etc.
I also added a white eyeliner on the tightline to make my eyes look bigger, and heavier lashes for a doll-eye look. I applied more blush on the cheeks, just to complete the whole “doll” look. I love to add extra pinch of blush esp. in the winter when the colors are grey, and my skin feels blaaaah.
Oh, I also used the new MAC Masterclass Brush Oval 6 on my face, and I’ve to say I love it! I’ll post a review later.
1. My eyelid was prep using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
2. I applied eyeshadow 2 (refer to picture below) on my crease using a shader brush (MAC 239).
3. Using a clean blending brush (MAC 217) to blend the edge off.
4. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied eyeshadow 4 on my eyelid.
5. I applied eyeshadow 3 on the outer V using a small angled shader brush.
6. Using a clean blending brush (MAC 217), I blended the outer V.
7. I applied eyeshadow 3 along the lower lash line using an angled eyebrow brush.
8. I created a winged liner using L’oreal Infallible Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner.
9. I applied Tarte Light, Camera and Lashes mascara, and also false eyelashes (sample from a friend) on the upper lashes.
10. I lined my tightline using a white eyeliner from Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener in Carbon Cleopatra.
11. I filled my eyebrows using a mixture of Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Ash and Brunette.
12. I applied eyeshadow 1 under my brows and in the inner corner of my eyes.
13. I applied MUFE HD Elixir to prime my face using MAC Masterclass Brush Oval 6.
14. Using the same brush, I applied MUFE HD foundation all over my face.
15. I applied MAC Pro Conceal/Correct in Medium under my eyes.
16. I set my foundation using MUFE Pro Finish powder.
17. I contoured my face slightly using MAC Shadowy and NARS Ita Kabuki brush.
18. I applied MAC Dainty blush along my cheeks using MAC 219 brush.
19. Then, I applied NARS Mata Hari right on the apples of my cheeks using MAC 219 brush.
20. I filled my lips using MAC Dervish lip liner, and then top it off using Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Socialite.