Another glitter look but today I’m doing a Purple Smoky eyes with Glitter liner! Seems like I’m on a glitter roll lately, eh? Anyways, today I’m going back to Shu Uemura Blushing Beige palette since I feel that this palette is under appreciated. A viewer on my Youtube channel also requested more looks using this palette, and so I’ll try to create more tutorials using the Blushing Beige palette. Read more below!
So, the inspiration for this look was actually from my last editorial shoot with Daniela Majic and Vivi Whalen. For the shoot last Sunday, Daniela wanted a plum smoky eyes on Vivi and I knew from that moment that I wanted to use Shu Uemura Blushing Beige palette. The palette just seems so perfect for it with all the plums and pinks! Then at the very last minute, I decided to go with a gold glitter liner instead of my usual black winged liner. I actually wanted to use my rose gold liner, but I feel that the glitter liner gives a nicer finish.
Just a couple of issue with the Glitter liner, I used Shu Uemura Metal:ink Glitter liner in Champagne for this tutorial. I’ve used the liner many times on its own, and I never had any issue with it. However, for this tutorial, I think because the purple smoky eyes was so intense and dark, the gold glitter liner didn’t show up well when I lined it once. I have to keep re-lining my liner for the gold to really pops. The only problem with re-lining the liner is that the glitter might not stick well. So, my tip if you’re using the same liner is to let the first layer dries out first before doing the next layer.
- Shu Uemura Lightbulb Foundation #754
- Shu Uemura Multi-Concealer Palette 5YR Medium/5YR Dark
- Shu Uemura Lightbulb Glowing Face Powder
- Shu Uemura x Kye Cushion Blush in Hibiscus Pink
- Becca Luminous Blush in Snapdragon *
- Shu Uemura Hard 9 Formula Brow Pencil #2 *
- Still All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- Clinique Just Browsing in Black-Brown *
- UD Primer Potion in Anti Aging *
- Chanel Ombres Perlees de Chanel
- Shu Uemura Blushing Beige Palette – ME Medium Plum 761; M Light Pink 128; P Light Coral 131
- Shu Uemura Metal:ink Glitter Liner in Champagne
- MAC Smolder pencil liner
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary mascara *
- Mink Lashes sample *
* products used but not mentioned in video