Today I’m doing another Holiday Makeup 2016 look, and for this post I’m doing a really dark purple smoky eyes. I actually intended to create a matte purple smoky eyes but I couldn’t resist adding a little bit of shimmer in the middle of my eyelid.
Anyways, as always, watch the tutorial & read more below for further info!
So for this Holiday Makeup 2016 look #2, I skipped falsies (and winged liner..not every look need a winged liner, right?!) since I think it looks better without it. I feel, personally, if I add falsies I kinda lose that rock ‘n roll look to it, instead it will look more on the glam side. However, obviously if you prefer the falsies then go ahead and put it on. To each their own, right?!
Also, I know some of my friends have been asking me how I usually do my brows to make it look “fluffy” & not so drawn on. In this tutorial I’ll show you guys my lazy girl’s guide to filling in eyebrows. This literally took me less than 5mins to do both brows. It’s so simple, it’s not even funny! All you need is a good brow mascara, I recommend Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows or Clinique Just Browsing. Both brow mascaras help to make your eyebrows look thicker and it coats every single hair. It really cuts down the time you need to fill in your brows.
For the rest of my face, I’m keeping it very light and dewy, but not over highlighted. Some people asked why I dont highlight the tip of my nose, that’s because I have a big button nose. I only highlight the bridge of my nose, since I want that part to look higher because I have a flat nose bridge.
Also, I don’t really like to over highlight my skin with powder highlighter since it can make my pores look very huge. I know some people love their highlight, but I like mine in moderation. I prefer my skin to look like it’s glowing from the inside out. Probably because I have an oily face, so if I over highlight, I’ll look like an oil slick at the end of the day.
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this look! Don’t forget to subscribe to my Youtube channel if you haven’t done so!
- Bobbi Brown Vit. Enriched Face base *
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Light *
- Becca Aqua Luminous Concealer in Beige *
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder *
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder *
- Smashbox L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Colour in Hollywood & Highlight *
- Smashbox Step-by-Step Contour Kit *
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat *
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Cara
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Enigma
- Marc Jacobs Style Eye Con no. 20 palette – 4, 9, 13, 15, 19
- L’oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner in Black
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara
- NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Playpen
- YSL Pop Water Stain #208
* products used but not mentioned in video