Today’s Tarte Pro Amazonian Clay Palette Makeup Look is all about that sultry, smoldering, sexy Halo Smoky eyes. When I bought the Tarte Pro palette, I knew I wanted to create a look using the mauve-pink shades, and I’m pretty happy with how this look turned out. No winged liner for me for this look, but of course you can add a winged liner to the look if you prefer. Anyways, read more about this look below.
For the step-by-step pictorial, I do apologize for the lack of eyelid picture to show the halo part. For some reason I had a brain fart, and I completely forgot to take pictures with my eyes close. I don’t even know why I didn’t do it!
Anyways, I hope you guys will watch the Tarte Pro Amazonian Clay Palette Makeup tutorial above so that you can see the difference between the Minx eyeshadow and the mixture of Glam and Ethereal eyeshadows. I do love Minx eyeshadow, but I find that the shade is a little bit too dark for this look. Since I really like a very highlighted center for my Halo smoky eyes makeup, I decided to add a mix of Glam and Ethereal to really make that center pop out.
For my lashes, I know it’s a little bit extra (insert #saltbae meme here), but I thought the lashes help to add a certain glam to this look. Really and truly, I added the falsies because my lashes are so short and you can’t even see it in the picture.
For my brows, *sigh*, I wanted to do create a more natural fuller brow look. I just can’t seem to get the individual hair strokes right. I’m still working on it, so I do apologize if the brows are looking a bit weird and unruly. I don’t actually mind how it looked in this tutorial, but I know I can do better! ugh, why do I have to tweeze my brows when I was younger!
Anyways, for my face and lips I just kept it very simple. I’m forgoing my highlighter for this look since the foundation that I used is already pretty dewy on its own. For my lips, I’m using my new Marc Jacobs lip creme, and I have to say I’m very surprised at how pretty the colour is! The shade Slow Burn is actually very similar to my own lip colour, so it’s just perfect! I’m taking this with me everywhere!
- Bobbi Brown Vit, Enriched Face Base *
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation *
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer concealer *
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder *
- MAC Mineralized Skinfiinish in Deep Dark
- MAC Stubborn blush
- ABH Dip Brow Pomade in Medium Brown *
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Enigma
- Tarte Pro Amazonian Clay Palette – Chic, Mod, Drama, Minx, Glam, Ethereal, Punk
- MAC kohl eyeliner in Smolder
- Chanel Inimitable Mascara *
- Silk lashes (no name sample) *
- Marc Jacobs Liquid Lip Creme in Slow Burn
* products used but not mentioned in video