As you all might know from my Instagram page, I’ve recently purchased some products from the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection, namely the water foundation, aquacealer, so fine micro liner & eyeshadow palette. If you guys want to find out how I feel about this collection, please watch my youtube video or keep reading.
I first saw the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea collection from Desi Perkins’ snapchat. You all know who Desi is, right? She’s one of my favourite youtube beauty guru, and when I saw the collection on her snapchat I was completely obsessing over the foundation and concealer. I couldn’t wait to give it a try and when I actually gave it a try I was not disappointed.
The Tarte Rainforest of the Sea water foundation is a buildable coverage foundation, which means that you can get a light to full coverage depending on how much product you use and how you apply it. If you use 2 drops of the foundation, you’ll get a light to medium coverage, while if you do 3 or more drops, you’ll get a very full coverage. I also find that if you want more coverage with the foundation, apply it with a foundation brush (I prefer Real Technique Expert Face brush), if you want something more sheer apply it with your finger or a damp sponge.
- My shade is Light-Medium Neutral which is a little bit darker than MAC Pro Longwear foundation in NC25 but lighter than MAC Studio Waterweight foundation in NC30. The Light-Medium Neutral shade is a pretty good match for UD Naked Skin #4.0.
- The foundation has a dewy finish, but still looking very natural.
- Very lightweight and blends to the skin easily.
- It makes the skin looks very moist and well hydrated.
- Might be more suited for those with dry-normal skin.
- I have a combination skin, and I do like this foundation but I’ll need to powder the oilier area of my face.
- The foundation retails at CA$47 in Sephora.
The Tarte Rainforest of the Sea aquacealer concealer is a medium coverage concealer. I find that this concealer is very hydrating when I applied it on my under eyes, however, it does settle in the fine lines under my eyes.
- My shade is Light-Medium.
- The concealer does a good job in covering dark circles, but if you have extremely dark circles you might want to colour correct it first before applying this concealer to get rid of the darkness completely.
- Blends very easily into the skin.
- The concealer retails for CA$31 in Sephora.
One of my favourite products from the collection is this So Fine Micro Liner. The tip of this liner is very tiny and the liner is pitch black. I’ve never seen a liquid liner this black before, and I’m loving it! Since the tip is so fine, you can use it to do detailed works for fun makeup arts, or to get in between the lashes really well.
- Tiny small tip for intricate work.
- Very dark and black.
- Retails for CA$26 in Sephora.
The last product I bought from this collection is the Rainforest of the Sea eyeshadow palette. At first, I wasn’t going to buy it since the colours are not that special. The eyeshadows that come with this palette was not exciting enough for me, but when I see the palette in person, I absolutely love it. I’d probably use this palette more for bridal works, but it is a gorgeous summer palette. If you are planning to travel this summer, I’d recommend this palette. You can do light makeup with it, to bronzy summer look, and even smoky eyes. Very versatile, and easy to travel with.
- 8 shades – Sand, Mermaid, Seashell, Wave, Abyss, Reef, Starfish & Cove.
- 3 shades are more on the matte finish – Sand, Abyss & Cove.
- The other 5 shades are shimmers.
- Highly pigmented & blends easily.
- Retails at CA$41 in Sephora.