Another tutorial using Urban Decay Naked Basics palette! Don’t forget to check a more neutral, day-makeup tutorial using UD Naked Basics palette on my last post. This time I decided to do my go-to smoky eyes makeup! This look is so simple and easy. I tend to do very simple makeup on myself because I’m quite lazy, to be honest. This palette is perfect for me, since I do like matte finish for my go-to smoky eyes.
Everyone can do this look! You don’t even have to have the same palette, just use whatever products you already have. All you need is 1 eyeshadow and a black eyeliner. It’s so simple, yet the result is so chic! If you’re a beginner, this would be a perfect look to create your very first smoky eyes makeup. I get asked all the time “how can I not look like I’ve a black eye when I do smoky eyes?”. Here’s the answer!
Tip no. 1: Use black eyeliner only to frame your eyes – meaning on the waterline, tightline, lower lashline and upper lashline.
Tip no. 2: Invest in a good blending brush.
Remember: Less is More!
1. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied UD Faint all over my eyelid, up to the crease.
2. Using a CLEAN blending brush, I blended out the crease very lighty.
3. I lined my upper lashline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
4. Using whatever is left on the brush from Step no. 1, I patted the eyeshadow on top of the eyeliner.
5. I lined my waterline and lower lash line using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner. I blended the eyeliner on the lower lid using an angled brush.
6. Using a small shader brush, I applied UD Faint on top of the black eyeliner on the lower lid.
7. I filled my brows using Shu Uemura Hard Formula 9.
8. I curled my lashes and applied false eyelashes. If you are not comfortable with applying false eyelashes yet, you can omit this step.
9. Using a clean blending brush, I applied UD Venus under the brow and on the inner corner of the eyes very lightly.
10. For the face, I applied UD Naked foundation all over using a foundation brush.
11. I also applied yellow corrector under my eyes using MAC Pro Correct/Conceal palette in Medium.
12. I set my foundation using MUFE Pro Finish powder.
13. I applied Benefit Coralista on my cheeks as blush.
14. On the lips, I applied Revlon Just Bitten Kissable lip balm in Charmed.