Happy Tuesday! Today’s tutorial is all about this Ombre Liner and Lips look. It’s more of a creative makeup look, but you can always make it more wearable by wearing just the ombre liner or the ombre lips. I think it’s a pretty cool look to try, don’t you think? Anyways, watch the tutorial below & don’t forget to check out the step-by-step pictorial below!
Just a quick note regarding this look, since the Ombre Liner is created using liquid lipsticks, I want you to know that not all liquid lipsticks can be used on the eyes. Please do your due diligence before putting any lip products on your eyes since it might cause a sensitivity or stained your eyelids (and others).
The liquid lipsticks that I used today is by Kat Von D. Even though the liquid lipsticks are vegan, you should always do a test patch first if you have never used this lipstick before. There are some people with known allergy reaction and sensitivity with this liquid lipstick. Please check out the ingredients, and be very careful before using any lip products on your eyes.
Now that I’ve put out the warning out there, I also want to mention that the KVD Liquid lipsticks are probably one of the few liquid lipstick I’d wear personally on myself since it’s not that drying. For the stained lips, you want to make sure that the product dries off first before applying the next colour/layer so it doesn’t get lifted. KVD Liquid Lipsticks allow a few moments before drying so you can move the product around to create the nice gradient for the ombre lips.
For my eyebrows, I didn’t want a perfectly carved out brows since this look focuses on the eyes and lips. I feel that if my brows are too carved out, or too well done the look ends up being too glam and the focus is on the brows instead. I’ve been preferring this type of softly filled brows instead of the so-called “instagram brows”. But, hey, you do you! whatever makes you happy 🙂
- KVD Lock-it Featherweight primer *
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Water Foundation light-medium neutral *
- Tarte Rainforest of the Sea aquacealer concealer light-medium neutral *
- CoverFX translucent setting powder *
- KVD Shade + Light contour palette *
- MAC Breezy Blush *
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer *
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Soft Brown *
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark *
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows in Cara *
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Anti-Aging
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye contour palette – Laetus, Ludwin, Succubus, Sytry, Shax
- L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner in Black
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Damned
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary mascara *
- Silk lashes (sample) *
● Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Damned
* products used but not mentioned in video