Merry Christmas (eve), everyone! I wanted to do a dark lips look for this Holiday Party Makeup tutorial for a while, but I also included an option to go for a light lips for those who prefer a peachy/nude lips. For the eyes, you can always opt for a simpler look, but I wanted to create some more drama so I ended up using my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette to create a brown/bronze smoky eyes.
If you noticed, I wore contacts on this tutorial. I might wear it on the next tutorial as well. It’s just for fun, I asked on my Instagram if wearing colored contacts is a yay or nay, surprisingly lots of people said yay. So, I might wear it more often.
Anyways, let’s get on the tutorial! Product list is all the way to the end.
Eyelids were prepped using Urban Decay Primer Potion. My face were prepped using MUFE HD Elixir. All eyeshadows are by Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette unless state otherwise.
1. I applied Salted Caramel on my crease using a fluffy blending brush.
2. On my eyelid, I applied Gilded Ganache using a shader brush.
3. Using the same fluffy brush as no. 1, I blended the edge where Gilded Ganache and Salted Caramel met.
4. Using the tip of a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied Gilded Ganache on the outer half of the lower lash line, and Creme Brulee on the inner corner.
5. I created a winged liner along the upper lash line using Kanebo Kate Super Sharp Liner.
6. On the waterline, I applied L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner stopping just before the inner third.
7. Using an angled eyeliner brush, I applied MAC Carbon on the outer half of the lower lash line.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Maybelline Express VolumeTurbo Boost mascara on my lashes. I also applied Gwiyomi Annabelle lashes to add some drama.
9. I filled in my brows using Shu Uemura Brow Pencil.
10. On my face, I applied Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation using my fingers. For concealers, I applied MAC Pro Long-wear under my eyes and on my blemishes.
11. I applied Benefit Coralista on my cheeks.
12a. For the lips, I applied MAC Please Me lipstick and L’oreal Pink Resistance Color Riche Carresse.
12b. For the darker lip color, I applied MUFE Aqua lip pencil in 12c.
ps: My photos is somehow a bit more yellow than I expected (on my screen). The lip colors are not as peachy (for the lighter lips), and it’s slightly more plum for the darker lips.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (crease: Salted Caramel, lid/lower lashline – Gilded Ganache, inner corner: Creme Brulee); MAC Carbon (outer half lower lid); Kate Kanebo Super Sharp eyeliner; L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner; Maybelline Express Volume Turbo Boost mascara; Gwiyomi Annabelle lashes; Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil.
Face – MUFE HD Elixir; Giorgio Armani Maestro foundation; MAC Pro Long-wear concealer.
Cheeks – Benefit Coralista.
Lips – MAC Please Me and L’oreal Color Riche Carresse Pink Resistance; Make Up For Ever Aqua lip pencil #12C