Fall has officially arrived, and today’s Burgundy Makeup look is perfect for the sweater weather. Inspired by Lisa Eldridge, I’m using Colourpop super shock eyeshadows to create this smoky makeup. Pair it with a nude lips or go with a bold lips, whichever you prefer. Read more in below!
So, I’ve been wanting to use these Colourpop eyeshadows for a while, and I think this Burgundy makeup fits perfectly with the fall theme. I’ve been leaning towards Burgundies, Oxbloods, Wine colours lately even with my clothes & bags. It’s just fitting that I used Burgundy on my makeup tutorials!
Anyways, I just want to mention that you can absolutely skip the cream liner if you prefer. The one that I used, Colourpop cream pot in Best O, is not the best one to be used as a base. It dries off way too fast and it can get patchy (as you can see in the picture below). I wanted to use the base to make the eyeshadow pops a bit more, but it’s not a necessary step to be done.
For this look, I actually paired it with a nude lips at first. I, personally, prefer the nude lips since I feel like the attention is definitely on the eyes. However, I tried to pair it with bolder lips after and it took me several tries before actually finding one that’s a good match to the eye makeup. I hope that explains why the bold lips picture look a bit patchy, my lips took quite a beating from trying on several lipsticks (and liquid lipsticks) before I found one that matches the eye makeup.
Other Smoky Eyes tutorials – http://bit.ly/2d4pmv8
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Light *
- Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Concealer in Beige *
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder *
- Laura Mercier Invisible Setting Loose Powder *
- Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in Kink & Kisses*
- Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Iridescent *
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Medium Dark
- Stila All Day Waterproof Brow in Dark
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Anti-Aging
- Colourpop Super Shock Eyeshadows – Porter, Beverly, Bill
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye palette – Shax
- MAC Kohl Pencil Liner in Smolder
- Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lash Mascara *
- Silk Lashes (sample) *
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Naked *
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Motorhead *
* products used but not mentioned in video