Fall has officially arrived, and today’s Burgundy Makeup look is perfect for the sweater weather. Inspired by Lisa Eldridge, I’m using Colourpop super shock eyeshadows to create this smoky makeup. Pair it with a nude lips or go with a bold lips, whichever you prefer. Read more in below!
Fall is almost over I heard! How I miss those beautiful leaves turning yellow, orange, and red! Anyways, since I’ve been reminiscing about Fall, I decided to do a Fall Makeup Tutorial, inspired by the beautiful maple leaves that turn red during the season. I’ve done a review on the lipstick that I’ll be wearing for this tutorial too! You guys should check Revlon Black Cherry out if you are looking for a dark lipstick for this Fall/Winter season.
I usually don’t do bold lips and eyes at the same time like on this post, but I like to break the rules some times, so hey why not?! Anyways, enough with the chit-chat, let’s get on the tutorial!
For product list, scroll all the way to the bottom!
My eyelids are prepped using Urban Decay Primer Potion.
1. I applied MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Perky all over the eyelid.
2. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, I applied The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude Matt Rosen on the inner and outer third of my eyelid.
3. I applied Kat Von D Esperanza Placebo just slightly above my crease as the transition color.
4. On the crease, I used a small brush and applied The Balm Meet Matt(e) Hung.
5. I applied MAC Artistic License eyeshadow on the eyelid using a flat eyeshadow brush.
6. I lined my upper lash line using Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink eyeliner, and created a winged liner. I also added MAC Carbon on the outer and inner third of my eyelid, and on my crease. I decided to add MAC Carbon to add extra intensity and depth.
7. I applied MAC Carbon lightly along my lower lash line.
8. I lined my waterline using L’oreal Voluminous Smoldering eyeliner.
9. My brows are filled using Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and Brunette. My falsies are Gwiyomi false eyelashes no. 3
10. I applied Diorskin Star foundation all over my face using Real Technique buffing brush.
11. I applied MAC Conceal/Correct palette in Medium under my eyes.
12. I set my face using Cover FX translucent powder.
13. I lightly contoured my face using Smashbox contour kit powder.
14. I applied The Balm Mary Lou manizier highlighter on my cheekbones, nose and cupid’s bow.
15. I applied The Balm Instain blush in Houndstooth on my cheeks.
16. On my lips, I applied Revlon Black Cherry lipstick using a lipbrush.
Eyes – Urban Decay Primer Potion; MAC Perky Pro Longwear Paint Pot; The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude (Matt Rosen: lid, Matt Hung: Crease); Kat Von D Esperanza Palette (Placebo: upper crease); MAC Artistic License eyeshadow (lid); MAC Carbon eyeshadow (lid & crease) ; Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink pen liner; Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Taupe and Brunette); Gwiyomi False Lashes no. 3
Face – Diorskin Star foundation; MAC Conceal/Correct palette in Medium; CoverFX translucent powder.
Cheeks – Smashbox contour kit; The Balm Mary-Lou manizier highlighter; The Balm Instain Houndstooth blush.
Lips – Revlon Black Cherry lipstick.
As you might have seen in my previous post and twitter, I have been raving about a specific lipstick called Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry (477). I do like this lipstick a lot!
What is Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick?
82 SHADES in 4 FABULOUS FINISHES
Infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. Find your lip color amongst a dazzling array of 82 shade in 4 fabulous finishes of Matte, Pearl, Crème and Shine.
I actually owned several shades from this series, but the one that’s making an appearance today is one of my favorite fall lipstick – Black Cherry. It is a nice, rich, deep burgundy shade. The finish is Creme.
I love this shade, it works really well for everyone. If you have fair to light skintone, you might find this shade to be a little bit too dark. However, you can modify it by applying it as a stain, or mix it with a clear lip balm to add color into your lips. This will look really great for medium to dark skintone.
I’ve worn this lipstick with lipliner underneath it for a good 3-hour before lunch. After lunch, I had to re-apply it slightly. The lipstick seems to last longerr even after dinner when I wore it with the MUFE Aqua Lip Liner. If you want to see how I apply my lipsticks, please check my previous post.
I bought this lipstick back when I was in Canada. I bought it at Rexall when it was on sale. I believe it was only around cad$ 5-ish. I’m not sure how much it is in Indonesia.
- Very rich, deep burgundy shade that works well for every skin tone.
- Moisturizing on the lips, doesn’t feel dry.
- Creamy finish, with a satin feel.
- Can be layered – use it sheer as lip stain, or apply it with brush for a full-on look.
- Lipstick might not last long, depending on the lip liner you use underneath.
- Might have to layer it several times to get the right intensity.
- Will stick to dry skin.
If you want to see a video on how to achieve a long-lasting lip color, watch the video below! If, you prefer a step-by-step picture, you can find it at How-to Apply [Red] Lipstick.