I am having quite a busy week this week, and since I’ll be out of town, I thought I’d share how I feel about Shu Uemura Lightbulb Oleo Pact foundation which I received couple months a go. Anyhow, I do have to say, this foundation is pretty good. I wasn’t sure how I’d like it, but I did ended up liking it a lot.
I won’t be able to get into in-depth review since I only wore this once for a tutorial, and I didn’t wear it for the whole day. I will, however, give you my honest first impression of this foundation. Keep in mind that I was NOT asked nor endorsed to write this review. I was given this foundation as part of the Shu Uemura Brave Beauty after-competition relationship. Whatever I wrote here is purely my honest opinion. You may or may not agree with me.
Ok, first thing first, the Shu Uemura lightbulb oleo pact foundation comes with a dome-shaped sponge. This sponge will make you change your mind about sponges that come with the foundation. It’s dome-shaped, to mimick your fingertips, so there will be no streaking. I applied my foundation using this sponge in a stippling manner, and it gives quite a full coverage effect.
The foundation comes in a black plastic compact, with a mirror on it just like any typical compact foundation. The compartment for the sponge, however, is between the lid and the mirror, instead of at the bottom.
I was given 2 shades – 376 and 774. For this post, I find the 376 has quite a pink undertone, while the 774 is yellow. For this post, I’m wearing the 774 shade. I was quite worried that the 774 would be too pale for me since I’ve gotten quite tanned in Jakarta, however, it matches my neck and chest quite well (I’m lighter on my chest and neck).
For your reference, I’m an in-between MAC NC25 and NC 30, and MUFE HD 120. I would say if you’re an NC 30, the 774 would probably be too light for you. I managed to match this to my skin by applying most of the color on the center of my face and blend it outwards – this a good trick for those of you who’re like me, darker on the face and lighter on the neck/chest).
- It comes in 16 shades (in the USA website) – not sure how many they have in Indonesia.
- It comes in a variety of undertone – yellow, pink, neutral.
- Great for combination to oily skin.
- Medium to full coverage – buildable.
- Does not feel heavy/cakey at all.
- Natural finish – not too dewy, not too matte.
- It has SPF 25
- Smooth and creamy.
- Easily blendable.
- Dome-shaped sponge does not cause any streaking.
- It clings to dry skin
- Those with dry skin might want to either hydrate skin really well or stay away from this foundation.
- Needs to be set with powder
- Especially if you have oily skin. This foundation tends to move if you don’t set it.
- Packaging feels cheap.