My brand new obsession! Today’s The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer review would make you want to go grab this highlighter at your nearest store! This highlighter/luminizer is staying permanently on my kit. I’m not a big fan of powder highlighter since I have huge pores, and I find powder highlighters sit on my pores and make them appear even larger. However, this gorgeous product just give the nicest sheen on the skin, it doesn’t look powdery, and the way it reflects light in real life is ah-maeeee-ZING!
What is Mary-Lou Manizer?
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey hued luminiser that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.
Lovely compact, with a mirror inside. The compact doesn’t feel like plastic, feels more like it’s made from some sort of metal. Packaging feels very sturdy, doesn’t feel cheap.
The swatch picture on my hand is applied a bit heavy handed, so it can be captured on camera. However, apply it lightly on your cheekbones with a small fluffy brush and it applies very nicely to a soft glowy finish.
This highlighter is more on a champagne color, I think it suits light to medium skintone, medium dark might be pushing it a little but still possible. Might look frosty on darker skin tone. If you are a MAC NC10 or paler, this highlighter might work better as an eyeshadow, might be too dark for your skin tone.
Where to buy
I bought mine in Bandung couple months a go at Metro Department store at Trans Mall Bandung. In Jakarta, you can grab them at The Balm counter in Seibu Department Store Grand Indonesia (from what I know).
In Canada, you can find them at Rexall pharmacy (some locations I think), and online you can grab them at Nail Polish Canada.
- Works for light to medium skintone
- Gives a subtle sheen
- Multi-purpose – highlighter, eyeshadow, shimmer
- Beautiful sturdy packaging
- Fine light-reflecting particles, does not make pores look bigger
- Gives a nice overall glow to the face when apply lightly
- Does not look too shiny on oily skin if applied properly (read: light handed)
- Smooth and easily blendable
- Dark skintone might find this highlighter to be too light/frosty
- Super fair skin tone might find this to be slightly darker than their skin tone.