So, here’s my NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint review. You can either watch me rambling about this foundation on my Youtube channel, or you can read all about this foundation in this review. I pretty much say the same thing on the video and this post, but probably I have a better train of thoughts on this post.
I do apologize if my video is a bit confusing or that I kept rambling, I’m still trying to get used to talking in front of a camera. Anyways, let’s get the review started!
The NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint claims to be:
- Oil free
- Has a soft matte finish
- Contains SPF30
- Wears all-day
- Has 12 shades
- Contains blurring powder
In the shades of MAC, I’m usually in between NC25/NC30. For this NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint, I think Alaska is a good match for NC25. I did pick a sample of St. Moritz, but I realized that it was a bit too dark on me. I’d say NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in Alaska is a match for MAC NC25, while I think the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint in St. Moritz might work for NC35/40.
My take on this foundation:
- Great for combination to oily skin, especially in the Summer when we tend to get a bit more oilier.
- Blurring technology is awesome, my pores definitely look smaller and in some area, my pores are not visible.
- Not sure why they call it a skin tint when it has a lot of coverage, this is definitely a foundation.
- Similar to the MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof foundation in that the formula is not runny, it’s more like a gel-type foundation.
- Definitely a medium coverage, not sheer at all. You can even build up layers to cover any redness and discoloration.
- Very lightweight, doesn’t feel like I was wearing any foundation at all.
- Quite pricy, CA$54 for 50mL.
- I am in love with this foundation. Great foundation in general, and my skin looks amazing! Definitely keeping this one!
- Love the packaging, make it easy to travel with
- Medium, buildable coverage
- Soft matte finish
- Nice satin/velvety feels
- Blurred out large pores
- Suitable for normal, combination and oily skin
- Contains SPF30
- Clings to dry skin
- Color range isn’t that many
- Not suitable for dry skin
- If applied too much can look cakey on skin
- I personally bought this product on my own.
- This review is based on my own experience only, and should not be used to treat, diagnose, prevent any skin conditions.
- If irritation occurred, please contact your health care provider.
- I am not liable for any reaction occurred to you while using this product.
- I do not gain any monetary profit from writing this review.
- Links to Sephora/NARS website are NOT affiliated links.